- Cape student sues, accuses school officials of slamming her to ground multiple times (04/28/16)46
- Neelys Landing man shot, killed by highway patrol trooper after traffic stop (05/01/16)42
- Bob Evans restaurant in Cape Girardeau among chain's 21 closings (04/26/16)9
- Missouri House votes to allow concealed weapons without permits (04/28/16)8
- Police report filed, but no charges in incident at Cape Central (04/29/16)40
- Two hurt in motorcycle wreck on Interstate 55 (04/25/16)1
- 2016 All-Missourian Boys Basketball (04/29/16)
- Senator introduces bill for I-57 that would connect Sikeston with Little Rock (04/28/16)4
- Law firm requests information about Cape's traffic cameras (04/25/16)3
- Local lawmakers split over failed medical marijuana bill; voters may have a say (04/26/16)19
Marie M. Robert
Marie M. Robert of Cape Girardeau died Tuesday, Oct. 28, 2003, at the age of 92 at the Lutheran Home.
She was born in Kelso, Mo., Aug. 12, 1911, the daughter of Emil and Dora Welter Dohogne. She and Earl Robert were married June 2, 1936, at St. Mary's Cathedral in Cape Girardeau. He died June 23, 1993.
She is survived by two sons and daughter-in-laws, John and Pat Robert of Davenport, Iowa; and Richard and Linda Robert of Cape Girardeau; one daughter and son-in-law, Pat and Bob Miller of Washington, Mo; one sister, Virginia Randolph of Washington; eight grandchildren, Michael Robert of Kansas City, Mo., Christopher Robert of Folsom, Calif., Jeffrey Robert of Cedar Falls, Iowa, Timothy Robert of Cape Girardeau, Daniel Robert of Cape Girardeau, Robert Miller Jr. of Sullivan, Mo., Roger Miller of Augusta, Mo., Karen Beste of Washington, Mo.; and four great-grandchildren Cortney and Tyler Miller of Augusta, and Andrew and Matthew Beste of Washington.
Besides her husband, she was preceded in death by one brother and two sisters.
She was a member of the Council of Catholic Women. She an active member of St. Mary's Cathedral.
Visitation will be from 4:30 to 8 p.m. today at Lorberg Memorial Funeral Chapel, with parish prayers at 7 p.m. Funeral mass will be at St. Mary's Cathedral at 10 a.m. Friday, with the Rev. Scott Sunnenberg officiating. Burial will be in St. Mary's Cemetery.
In lieu of flowers, memorials may be given to St. Mary's School.