- Cape student sues, accuses school officials of slamming her to ground multiple times (04/28/16)46
- Bob Evans restaurant in Cape Girardeau among chain's 21 closings (04/26/16)9
- Missouri House votes to allow concealed weapons without permits (04/28/16)8
- Police report filed, but no charges in incident at Cape Central (04/29/16)38
- Two hurt in motorcycle wreck on Interstate 55 (04/25/16)1
- Senator introduces bill for I-57 that would connect Sikeston with Little Rock (04/28/16)4
- Law firm requests information about Cape's traffic cameras (04/25/16)2
- Local lawmakers split over failed medical marijuana bill; voters may have a say (04/26/16)19
- Local company makes eco-friendly kitty litter that cuts cat-box smell (04/25/16)
- Man accused of pointing BB gun at Chaffee resident (04/26/16)2
Community cuisine 10/30/03
Turkey and beef served at harvest supper Nov. 8
From 3 to 7 p.m. Nov. 8 Christ Lutheran Church in Gordonville will hold a harvest supper. The menu includes turkey dressing, kettle cooked beef, corn, parsley potatoes, green beans, cranberry sauce, homemade breads and dessert. Children 3 and under eat free. Call Sheila Gross at 243-3337 for more information.
Salvation Army offers meals with friends
Serving time is from 4:30 to 6:30 p.m. Thursday and Friday at The Salvation Army, 701 Good Hope, Cape Girardeau. Any individual is welcome to enjoy free barbecue pork, corn, tater tots, bread and butter, cake or pie on Thursday; pulled-pork sandwich, chips, apple and a surprise on Friday. Carryout supper on Friday.
Fall dinner and country store at New Hamburg
A fall dinner and country store will be held from 10:30 a.m. to 1:30 p.m. Nov. 9 at the St. Lawrence Parish Center in New Hamburg, Mo. The menu includes turkey, chicken and dressing, sweet potatoes, buttered potatoes, corn, slaw, green beans, drink and homemade desserts. Children 5 and under eat free. Carryouts begin at 11 a.m.
Scott City to hold chili, chicken noodle dinner
From 4 to 7 p.m. Nov. 7 a chili and chicken noodle dinner will be held at Scott City High School Cafeteria prior to the Scott City Rams last home game. All proceeds will benefit the Scott City Family Career and Community Leaders of America.
-- From staff reports