- Cape student sues, accuses school officials of slamming her to ground multiple times (04/28/16)46
- Neelys Landing man shot, killed by highway patrol trooper after traffic stop (05/01/16)36
- Bob Evans restaurant in Cape Girardeau among chain's 21 closings (04/26/16)9
- Missouri House votes to allow concealed weapons without permits (04/28/16)8
- Police report filed, but no charges in incident at Cape Central (04/29/16)40
- Two hurt in motorcycle wreck on Interstate 55 (04/25/16)1
- 2016 All-Missourian Boys Basketball (04/29/16)
- Senator introduces bill for I-57 that would connect Sikeston with Little Rock (04/28/16)4
- Law firm requests information about Cape's traffic cameras (04/25/16)3
- Local lawmakers split over failed medical marijuana bill; voters may have a say (04/26/16)19
Three people injured in area accidents
A Perryville, Mo., man suffered serious injuries Friday evening when his ATV overturned on a country road, the Missouri State Highway Patrol reported.
Timothy J. Hutchinson, 25, was traveling south at about 6:30 p.m. on Perry County Road 910 about 1.5 miles north of Perry County Road 908 when he failed to negotiate a curve to the left and traveled off the right side of the road, the patrol reported. The Yamaha ATV struck a ditch and overturned, ejecting Hutchinson.
He was taken by helicopter to Saint Francis Medical Center in Cape Girardeau.
A one-car accident accident early Saturday morning on a rural Scott County road injured two people, the Patrol said.
Brian N. Gaskins, 21, of Vanduser, Mo., was taken for treatment at Saint Francis Medical Center in Cape Girardeau by helicopter from the scene about two miles north of Vanduser, Mo., on Scott County Road 444. Johnathan S. Gaskins, 15, was taken by ambulance to Saint Francis.
Brian Gaskins suffered serious injuries, the patrol reported, while Johnathan Gaskins received moderate injuries.
The accident occurred at about 1:40 a.m. as Brian Gaskins was driving an 1986 Pontiac eastbound on County Road 444 when he crossed County Road 443 at an intersection, drove into a farm field and struck a tree.