- Cape student sues, accuses school officials of slamming her to ground multiple times (04/28/16)47
- Neelys Landing man shot, killed by highway patrol trooper after traffic stop (05/01/16)43
- Bob Evans restaurant in Cape Girardeau among chain's 21 closings (04/26/16)9
- Missouri House votes to allow concealed weapons without permits (04/28/16)8
- Police report filed, but no charges in incident at Cape Central (04/29/16)40
- 2016 All-Missourian Boys Basketball (04/29/16)
- Statement: Man says cops’ good work drove him to grow his own marijuana (05/01/16)1
- Two hurt in motorcycle wreck on Interstate 55 (04/25/16)1
- Senator introduces bill for I-57 that would connect Sikeston with Little Rock (04/28/16)4
- River Ridge Winery changes hands (05/02/16)
Benjamin Ellis Sr.
SEDGEWICKVILLE, Mo. -- Benjamin Franklin Ellis Sr., 90, of Sedgewickville died Friday, July 20, 2007, at Saint Francis Medical Center in Cape Girardeau.
He was born May 25, 1917, at Sedgewickville, son of George Finis and Ella Lou Johnson Ellis. He and Dorothy Mae Hartle were married Sept. 18, 1939, in Cane Hill, Ark.
Mr. Ellis worked as a farmer, served on the local school board and was a member of the Patton Presbyterian Church where he had served on various church boards.
Survivors include his wife, Dorothy Ellis; a son, Dr. Ben (Pamela) Ellis Jr. of Marble Hill, Mo.; a daughter, Louella (Ray) Yeargain of St. Charles, Mo.; a sister-in-law, Elda Ellis of Jackson; four grandchildren, Susan MacDonald, Ray Yeargain II, Ben Ellis III, Kathryn Kelly; and eight great-grandchildren.
He was preceded in death by his parents, three brothers and five sisters.
Friends may call from 3 to 7 p.m. today at Liley Funeral Home in Marble Hill.
Funeral services will be at 11 a.m. Monday with the Rev. Don Blaylock, the Rev. Ben Ellis III and Charley Mangels officiating.
Burial will follow in the Flatwoods-Lebanon Cemetery at Sedgewickville.