- 3 charged with burglarizing Scott City bar (10/14/16)4
- West Park Mall to be closed Thanksgiving (10/14/16)2
- Shooting injures two people in Cape early Tuesday (10/19/16)34
- Perry County: A great place to find home away from home (10/14/16)
- Tours provide a glimpse of Cape Girardeau's supposedly haunted past (10/17/16)1
- Cape Girardeau County: A great place to grab a bite (10/14/16)1
- Man charged after cops try to cuff him in his sleep (10/14/16)9
- Three weeks and then what? (10/18/16)1
- Suspected attacker of Southeast student apprehended (10/19/16)5
- Mom jailed with daughter after mailing drug to her (10/16/16)
Old licenses are being retained
To the editor:Why are our outdated driver's licenses being taken away from us when we get our licenses renewed? We need answers.
I renewed my license according to the law and was shocked when the clerk refused to give back my old one. When I ask why, she showed me a small box with other driver's licenses in it. I asked for a copy of my license, and she said it would cost $2. I said the chamber of commerce would copy the license for free, and she got a copy for me.
The public was not informed or notified of this procedure, to my knowledge.
Besides that, the old license should have been shredded as I watched, but it was not. I still want answers.
JAN SIEVERS, Jackson