- Golden Corral coming to Cape; may hire 100 workers (7/21/16)8
- Arrest warrants filed for six drug suspects in Cape (7/19/16)6
- Area groups working together to reintroduce elk in Missouri (7/18/16)1
- Suspect in downtown Cape shooting ID'd in court (7/20/16)2
- Prosecutor says shooting by state trooper was justified (7/24/16)12
- Pincksten's newest renovation project: 328 S. Spanish St. (7/17/16)6
- Trooper-involved homicide case rests in prosecutor's hands (7/17/16)15
- Hastings in Cape closing (7/22/16)5
- Jackson's former police dog euthanized Monday (7/21/16)1
- 'I want to see how far I can go' (7/21/16)2
Old licenses are being retained
To the editor:Why are our outdated driver's licenses being taken away from us when we get our licenses renewed? We need answers.
I renewed my license according to the law and was shocked when the clerk refused to give back my old one. When I ask why, she showed me a small box with other driver's licenses in it. I asked for a copy of my license, and she said it would cost $2. I said the chamber of commerce would copy the license for free, and she got a copy for me.
The public was not informed or notified of this procedure, to my knowledge.
Besides that, the old license should have been shredded as I watched, but it was not. I still want answers.
JAN SIEVERS, Jackson