- Cape student sues, accuses school officials of slamming her to ground multiple times (04/28/16)47
- Neelys Landing man shot, killed by highway patrol trooper after traffic stop (05/01/16)42
- Bob Evans restaurant in Cape Girardeau among chain's 21 closings (04/26/16)9
- Missouri House votes to allow concealed weapons without permits (04/28/16)8
- Police report filed, but no charges in incident at Cape Central (04/29/16)40
- Two hurt in motorcycle wreck on Interstate 55 (04/25/16)1
- 2016 All-Missourian Boys Basketball (04/29/16)
- Senator introduces bill for I-57 that would connect Sikeston with Little Rock (04/28/16)4
- Law firm requests information about Cape's traffic cameras (04/25/16)3
- Local lawmakers split over failed medical marijuana bill; voters may have a say (04/26/16)19
Old licenses are being retained
To the editor:Why are our outdated driver's licenses being taken away from us when we get our licenses renewed? We need answers.
I renewed my license according to the law and was shocked when the clerk refused to give back my old one. When I ask why, she showed me a small box with other driver's licenses in it. I asked for a copy of my license, and she said it would cost $2. I said the chamber of commerce would copy the license for free, and she got a copy for me.
The public was not informed or notified of this procedure, to my knowledge.
Besides that, the old license should have been shredded as I watched, but it was not. I still want answers.
JAN SIEVERS, Jackson