- Marble Hill fires entire sewer department (8/23/16)4
- Ex-Southeast student gets probation for placing homemade sex video on porn site without woman's knowledge (8/24/16)13
- Witness says he saw man shoot Domorlo McCaster (8/19/16)2
- Southeast imposes 'interim suspension' of Sigma Nu fraternity over vandalism incident (8/19/16)22
- The Chrome Queens (8/21/16)2
- Pitmasters to descend on Arena Park for Cape BBQ Fest (8/19/16)2
- Local private school dreams bigger, plans for new building at Sprigg and Lexington (8/22/16)
- Bootheel lawmaker seeks probe into crop damage by illegal herbicide spraying (8/24/16)1
- Newsmakers 2016: Jason Bandermann (8/15/16)
- Gender-neutral restrooms now available at Southeast (8/18/16)38
Old licenses are being retained
To the editor:Why are our outdated driver's licenses being taken away from us when we get our licenses renewed? We need answers.
I renewed my license according to the law and was shocked when the clerk refused to give back my old one. When I ask why, she showed me a small box with other driver's licenses in it. I asked for a copy of my license, and she said it would cost $2. I said the chamber of commerce would copy the license for free, and she got a copy for me.
The public was not informed or notified of this procedure, to my knowledge.
Besides that, the old license should have been shredded as I watched, but it was not. I still want answers.
JAN SIEVERS, Jackson