- 3 charged with burglarizing Scott City bar (10/14/16)4
- Shooting injures two people in Cape early Tuesday (10/19/16)34
- Perry County: A great place to find home away from home (10/14/16)
- Tours provide a glimpse of Cape Girardeau's supposedly haunted past (10/17/16)1
- Cape Girardeau County: A great place to grab a bite (10/14/16)2
- 'I feel for them' (10/20/16)1
- 18-year-old killed in one-car crash Thursday morning (10/21/16)1
- Benton man accused of statutory rape, selling pot (10/20/16)1
- Three weeks and then what? (10/18/16)2
- Suspected attacker of Southeast student apprehended (10/19/16)5
Tell Bush we have cried enough
To the editor:Our federal legislators have decided to wage their own war on when to pull our troops out of Iraq. It is time for us as U.S. citizens to face reality. It takes a nation of citizens to come together united to defeat their injustices and violence in their own homeland.
As a U.S. citizen, father and veteran, I am asking you and each of our neighbors, relatives and friends:
Have we mourned enough? Having lost over 3,700 since 9-11, have we buried enough? How many more of our own must we grieve for before our elected officials finally tell President Bush that we all have cried enough.
ROBERT ANDRE GLASPER, Cape Girardeau