- Two men seriously hurt in crash near Fruitland (9/21/16)3
- Perryville man arrested for alleged patronizing prostitution, harassment (9/23/16)6
- Eldorado Resorts to buy Isle of Capri Casinos (9/20/16)7
- Community helps Jackson family with two cases of muscular dystrophy (9/19/16)
- Video and evidence largely confirm trooper's claims in April traffic stop shooting (9/23/16)6
- Cape man may lose eye after shovel beating, police say (9/25/16)2
- Funeral procession of former Cape Girardeau police chief Henry H. Gerecke (9/22/16)17
- Cape man accused of attacking pregnant girlfriend (9/22/16)
- Show Me Center upgrades may allow facility to draw more elaborate shows (9/21/16)17
- Man convicted of Perryville convenience-store heist (9/21/16)
Tell Bush we have cried enough
To the editor:Our federal legislators have decided to wage their own war on when to pull our troops out of Iraq. It is time for us as U.S. citizens to face reality. It takes a nation of citizens to come together united to defeat their injustices and violence in their own homeland.
As a U.S. citizen, father and veteran, I am asking you and each of our neighbors, relatives and friends:
Have we mourned enough? Having lost over 3,700 since 9-11, have we buried enough? How many more of our own must we grieve for before our elected officials finally tell President Bush that we all have cried enough.
ROBERT ANDRE GLASPER, Cape Girardeau