- Golden Corral coming to Cape; may hire 100 workers (7/21/16)7
- Arrest warrants filed for six drug suspects in Cape (7/19/16)6
- Pincksten's newest renovation project: 328 S. Spanish St. (7/17/16)6
- Area groups working together to reintroduce elk in Missouri (7/18/16)
- Suspect in downtown Cape shooting ID'd in court (7/20/16)2
- Trooper-involved homicide case rests in prosecutor's hands (7/17/16)15
- Cigarette butt, DNA help police crack case on 2013 Cape copper heist (7/17/16)5
- Jackson's former police dog euthanized Monday (7/21/16)1
- Governor signs Rep. Swan bill that equalizes child-custody criteria (7/6/16)5
- Former Navy SEALs endorse Peter Kinder for governor (7/17/16)10
Tell Bush we have cried enough
To the editor:Our federal legislators have decided to wage their own war on when to pull our troops out of Iraq. It is time for us as U.S. citizens to face reality. It takes a nation of citizens to come together united to defeat their injustices and violence in their own homeland.
As a U.S. citizen, father and veteran, I am asking you and each of our neighbors, relatives and friends:
Have we mourned enough? Having lost over 3,700 since 9-11, have we buried enough? How many more of our own must we grieve for before our elected officials finally tell President Bush that we all have cried enough.
ROBERT ANDRE GLASPER, Cape Girardeau