- Owner of Mary Jane Burgers & Brew in Perryville to open new culinary concept in Cape (9/15/17)3
- Man accused of setting fire to Delta bar; posted photos of it burning on Facebook (9/17/17)5
- McClure man accused of leaving children in hot truck while gambling in casino (9/19/17)1
- How the story of one dog is helping others (9/14/17)1
- Eyewitnesses testify about fatal shooting; men were using drugs, alcohol (9/14/17)
- Jury finds Harris guilty of murder, 3 other counts (9/15/17)4
- Retailer may come to Jackson; rezoning needed first (9/17/17)2
- New boutique store advocates for special-needs people (9/19/17)
- Planet Fitness to anchor Town Plaza shopping center (9/18/17)2
- Mo. conservation agents help fight fires in western U.S. (9/15/17)
Tell Bush we have cried enough
To the editor:Our federal legislators have decided to wage their own war on when to pull our troops out of Iraq. It is time for us as U.S. citizens to face reality. It takes a nation of citizens to come together united to defeat their injustices and violence in their own homeland.
As a U.S. citizen, father and veteran, I am asking you and each of our neighbors, relatives and friends:
Have we mourned enough? Having lost over 3,700 since 9-11, have we buried enough? How many more of our own must we grieve for before our elected officials finally tell President Bush that we all have cried enough.
ROBERT ANDRE GLASPER, Cape Girardeau