- Bob Evans restaurant in Cape Girardeau among chain's 21 closings (04/26/16)9
- Cape student sues, accuses school officials of slamming her to ground multiple times (04/28/16)40
- Two hurt in motorcycle wreck on Interstate 55 (04/25/16)1
- Ray's of Kelso, Plaza by Ray's to change ownership; Fonn to buy enterprise (04/20/16)3
- Missouri House votes to allow concealed weapons without permits (04/28/16)6
- Cape council approves nearly $1M in park, sculpture projects with little public discussion (04/22/16)37
- Law firm requests information about Cape's traffic cameras (04/25/16)2
- Tanker truck catches fire near Oak Ridge (04/24/16)7
- Local lawmakers split over failed medical marijuana bill; voters may have a say (04/26/16)19
- Local company makes eco-friendly kitty litter that cuts cat-box smell (04/25/16)
L. Erlene Iezzi, wife of Richard P. Iezzi of Delmont, Pa., departed this world Sunday, Oct. 26, 2003, at Westmoreland Regional Hospital in Greensburg, Pa., at the age of 72.
Lecy Erlene Howell, daughter of Perry Alfonzo and Edith Dockins Howell, was born Nov. 6, 1930, in Cape Girardeau. Following graduation from Central High School, she was employed as an X-ray technician.
Erlene went to western Pennsylvania with her first husband, James Ray Hines, now deceased.
Also preceding her in death was a daughter, Teresa Marie, and a son, Michael Ray.
For many years Erlene worked as an executive secretary for Martin Nettrour Contracting Corp. in Pittsburgh, Pa. Prior to retirement she worked with her husband as a manufacturer's representative of ladies apparel. She was a patient person who loved gardening, baking, sewing, decorating and music.
Erlene is survived by a brother, Eugene of Texas; two sisters, Sue Hachney of Nebraska, Faye Seifrit of Ohio; and a sister-in-law, Corrine Howell of Virginia.
Also surviving are four stepdaughters, Richelle Thompson of New Kensington, Pa., Sandra Delancey of Monroeville, Pa., Bonita LaBoon of Charleston, S.C., Melissa Romanelli of Murrysville, Pa.; and six great-stepgrandchildren.
Relatives and friends are invited to celebrate the life of Erlene at McCombs Funeral Home in Cape Girardeau from 6 to 8 p.m. Thursday, and Friday from 8:30 a.m. until time of service at 11 a.m.
Interment will be in the family plot in Cape County Memorial Park, with the Rev. Jim Osborn officiating.
In lieu of flowers, please make memorial contributions in Erlene's name to Seton Adult Daycare Center, 445 Mount Thor Drive, Greensburg, Pa., 15601, or Eastern Area Adult Services, Plum Center, 901 West Street, Wilkinsburg, Pa., 15222.
Condolences may be sent to the family at mccombsfuneralhome.com.