- Golden Corral coming to Cape; may hire 100 workers (7/21/16)8
- Arrest warrants filed for six drug suspects in Cape (7/19/16)6
- Area groups working together to reintroduce elk in Missouri (7/18/16)1
- Suspect in downtown Cape shooting ID'd in court (7/20/16)2
- Prosecutor says shooting by state trooper was justified (7/24/16)14
- Pincksten's newest renovation project: 328 S. Spanish St. (7/17/16)6
- Trooper-involved homicide case rests in prosecutor's hands (7/17/16)15
- Hastings in Cape closing (7/22/16)5
- Jackson's former police dog euthanized Monday (7/21/16)1
- 'I want to see how far I can go' (7/21/16)2
Readers, writers get inspiration from author
To the editor:
I want to take this opportunity to thank the Cape Girardeau, Sikeston and Jackson school districts, Trinity Lutheran School, the Southeast Missourian, the YELL Foundation and the Southeast Missouri librarians for their part in bringing Roland Smith to our area as a featured speaker.
This was such a great opportunity for adults and students both to listen to such an enthusiastic and talented speaker. I was impressed with the amount of time and research that go into producing such excellent books. Smith was an inspiration to readers and writers of all ages.