- Updated: Pedestrian killed during traffic collision on I-55 (10/21/16)3
- Scott County Sheriff Rick Walter faces challenge from criminal investigator Wes Drury (10/21/16)8
- Shooting injures two people in Cape early Tuesday (10/19/16)34
- 18-year-old killed in one-car crash Thursday morning (10/21/16)1
- Man arrested after dispute at school spurs brief lockdown (10/21/16)6
- Perry County: A great place to find home away from home (10/14/16)
- 'I feel for them' (10/20/16)1
- Tours provide a glimpse of Cape Girardeau's supposedly haunted past (10/17/16)1
- Benton man accused of statutory rape, selling pot (10/20/16)1
- Crews are working on the new Drury Hotel (10/21/16)1
Readers, writers get inspiration from author
To the editor:
I want to take this opportunity to thank the Cape Girardeau, Sikeston and Jackson school districts, Trinity Lutheran School, the Southeast Missourian, the YELL Foundation and the Southeast Missouri librarians for their part in bringing Roland Smith to our area as a featured speaker.
This was such a great opportunity for adults and students both to listen to such an enthusiastic and talented speaker. I was impressed with the amount of time and research that go into producing such excellent books. Smith was an inspiration to readers and writers of all ages.