- Man shot by police ID'd; witness shares his side of story (2/17/17)31
- Panda Express restaurant coming to Cape's Siemers Drive (2/14/17)2
- Settlement reached in accidental shooting case at Kelly High (2/15/17)10
- Jackson board votes to demolish high school building if bond issue passes (2/15/17)24
- MSHP: McLendon shot in side; autopsy refutes witness account (2/19/17)21
- Cape officer shoots man inside a home (2/16/17)7
- Southeast reports three confirmed cases of mumps; more cases possible (2/14/17)1
- Right to Work and Taxes (2/10/17)
- Former Cape cop indicted on possessing child porn (2/17/17)
- Man dies after being shot by officer; said to have come at cop with knife (2/16/17)29
Readers, writers get inspiration from author
To the editor:
I want to take this opportunity to thank the Cape Girardeau, Sikeston and Jackson school districts, Trinity Lutheran School, the Southeast Missourian, the YELL Foundation and the Southeast Missouri librarians for their part in bringing Roland Smith to our area as a featured speaker.
This was such a great opportunity for adults and students both to listen to such an enthusiastic and talented speaker. I was impressed with the amount of time and research that go into producing such excellent books. Smith was an inspiration to readers and writers of all ages.