- Marble Hill fires entire sewer department (8/23/16)4
- Witness says he saw man shoot Domorlo McCaster (8/19/16)2
- Students move into new fraternity housing at Southeast Missouri State University (8/18/16)2
- Southeast imposes 'interim suspension' of Sigma Nu fraternity over vandalism incident (8/19/16)21
- Ex-Southeast student gets probation for placing homemade sex video on porn site without woman's knowledge (8/24/16)11
- The Chrome Queens (8/21/16)2
- Pitmasters to descend on Arena Park for Cape BBQ Fest (8/19/16)2
- Logan's Roadhouse in Cape not closing; Ruby Tuesday fate still unknown (8/17/16)
- Local private school dreams bigger, plans for new building at Sprigg and Lexington (8/22/16)
- Gender-neutral restrooms now available at Southeast (8/18/16)38
Readers, writers get inspiration from author
To the editor:
I want to take this opportunity to thank the Cape Girardeau, Sikeston and Jackson school districts, Trinity Lutheran School, the Southeast Missourian, the YELL Foundation and the Southeast Missouri librarians for their part in bringing Roland Smith to our area as a featured speaker.
This was such a great opportunity for adults and students both to listen to such an enthusiastic and talented speaker. I was impressed with the amount of time and research that go into producing such excellent books. Smith was an inspiration to readers and writers of all ages.