- Neelys Landing man shot, killed by highway patrol trooper after traffic stop (05/01/16)43
- Cape student sues, accuses school officials of slamming her to ground multiple times (04/28/16)49
- Missouri House votes to allow concealed weapons without permits (04/28/16)8
- River Ridge Winery changes hands (05/02/16)
- Police report filed, but no charges in incident at Cape Central (04/29/16)40
- 2016 All-Missourian Boys Basketball (04/29/16)
- Statement: Man says cops’ good work drove him to grow his own marijuana (05/01/16)1
- Bob Evans restaurant in Cape Girardeau among chain's 21 closings (04/26/16)9
- Senator introduces bill for I-57 that would connect Sikeston with Little Rock (04/28/16)4
- Hopper Road to close for months during construction of Veterans Drive (04/27/16)9
Sports briefs 10/29/03
"Sure, I'd listen if they called me," said Herzog, 71, who lives in St. Louis. "All I've been doing is fishing and I'm tired of fishing."
At practice Monday, Jackson ordered the team not to discuss the dust-up with reporters. He fined Bryant for defying that order by talking to ESPN later that day.
Dotson, 21, left Maryland early Tuesday, said prosecutor Joseph Flanagan. He was then flown to Austin, and later driven to Waco, where Dotson will face another arraignment and bail review hearing.
"We don't want to deal with the health risks," coach Marty Schottenheimer said Tuesday.
Jacksonville linebacker T.J. Slaughter was cut Tuesday, a day after he was arrested for allegedly pointing a gun at two men passing him in a car. Slaughter, a fourth-year veteran, is free on bond while prosecutors decide whether to charge him. He could face a felony charge of aggravated assault.
Pleau has been with the team since 1997, and the Blues are 265-155-63-17 since he was hired. Through eight games this season, the Blues are 5-2-0-1 for 11 points and first place in the Central Division.
Five full-time teams currently use Pontiacs, with Ricky Craven providing the only victory in 2003. In the manufacturer standings, Pontiac is a distant fourth, trailing leader Chevrolet by 127 points. Ford and Dodge also race in Winston Cup.
The CART season-finale, scheduled for Sunday at California Speedway, has been postponed indefinitely due to the state of emergency caused by a series of wildfires in and around San Bernardino County.
-- From wire reports