- Cape student sues, accuses school officials of slamming her to ground multiple times (04/28/16)46
- Neelys Landing man shot, killed by highway patrol trooper after traffic stop (05/01/16)31
- Bob Evans restaurant in Cape Girardeau among chain's 21 closings (04/26/16)9
- Missouri House votes to allow concealed weapons without permits (04/28/16)8
- Police report filed, but no charges in incident at Cape Central (04/29/16)40
- Two hurt in motorcycle wreck on Interstate 55 (04/25/16)1
- 2016 All-Missourian Boys Basketball (04/29/16)
- Senator introduces bill for I-57 that would connect Sikeston with Little Rock (04/28/16)4
- Law firm requests information about Cape's traffic cameras (04/25/16)3
- Local lawmakers split over failed medical marijuana bill; voters may have a say (04/26/16)19
District fair act replaced
Billy Currington bowed out of his appearance at the SEMO District Fair, but CMA-award winner Blake Shelton has been lined up to replace him.
Currington, who missed several concerts earlier this summer reportedly for laryngitis, has canceled the remainder of his 2007 tour. He was slated to take the SEMO District Fair's grandstand Sept. 13.
Fair spokesman Pete Poe said he learned of the cancellation at 4 p.m. Wednesday; Thursday he announced Shelton's show.
"We did spend a lot of time on the telephone," he said.
Those who already bought tickets to see Currington are being contacted and offered the choice between getting a refund and seeing Shelton at the same price. Call 334-9250 or (800) 455-3247 for details.
-- Southeast Missourian