- Cape student sues, accuses school officials of slamming her to ground multiple times (04/28/16)45
- Bob Evans restaurant in Cape Girardeau among chain's 21 closings (04/26/16)9
- Missouri House votes to allow concealed weapons without permits (04/28/16)6
- Two hurt in motorcycle wreck on Interstate 55 (04/25/16)1
- Law firm requests information about Cape's traffic cameras (04/25/16)2
- Local lawmakers split over failed medical marijuana bill; voters may have a say (04/26/16)19
- Police report filed, but no charges in incident at Cape Central (04/29/16)35
- Tanker truck catches fire near Oak Ridge (04/24/16)7
- Local company makes eco-friendly kitty litter that cuts cat-box smell (04/25/16)
- Senator introduces bill for I-57 that would connect Sikeston with Little Rock (04/28/16)4
COBDEN, Ill. -- Mary Anita Holderfield, 81, of Cobden died Wednesday, July 18, 2007, at Union County Hospital in Anna, Ill.
She was born Oct. 25, 1925, in Cobden, daughter of Leonard H. and Sarah Peterman Brown.
Holderfield retired from the dietary department at Union County Hospital. She was a member of Immanuel Baptist Church in Cobden, and Ladies Auxiliary of Anna Moose Lodge 1346.
Survivors include two sons, John and Charles Dirden of Anna; two sisters, Kay Baggett of Centralia, Ill., Helen Baxter of Kaiser, Mo.; five grandchildren; and four great-grandchildren.
She was preceded in death by two sisters and a brother.
Visitation will be from 1:30 p.m. to service time today at Lutz and Rendleman Funeral Home in Cobden.
The funeral will be at 3 p.m. today at the funeral home, with the Rev. Kenneth Mixen officiating. Burial will be in Anna City Cemetery.