- Cape student sues, accuses school officials of slamming her to ground multiple times (04/28/16)48
- Neelys Landing man shot, killed by highway patrol trooper after traffic stop (05/01/16)43
- Bob Evans restaurant in Cape Girardeau among chain's 21 closings (04/26/16)9
- Missouri House votes to allow concealed weapons without permits (04/28/16)8
- Police report filed, but no charges in incident at Cape Central (04/29/16)40
- 2016 All-Missourian Boys Basketball (04/29/16)
- Statement: Man says copsí good work drove him to grow his own marijuana (05/01/16)1
- Two hurt in motorcycle wreck on Interstate 55 (04/25/16)1
- Senator introduces bill for I-57 that would connect Sikeston with Little Rock (04/28/16)4
- River Ridge Winery changes hands (05/02/16)
Lloyd G. West, 83, of Cape Girardeau died Thursday, July 19, 2007, at Saint Francis Medical Center.
He was born July 24, 1923, in Cape Girardeau, son of Vernie and Cora Blanche Oliver West.
West served in the U.S. Navy from 1942 to 1946 during World War ll.
He was a welder and machinist before moving back to Cape Girardeau, then worked in the maintenance department at First National Bank. He was a member of First Baptist Church.
Survivors include five sisters, Phyllis Heise of Cape Girardeau, Karen Arnold and Jane Middendorf of St. Louis, Madeline Hurst of Marble Hill, Mo., Wanda Ventress of Juneau, Alaska; three brothers, David and Gary West of Cape Girardeau, and Jimmy West of St. Louis.
Friends may call from noon to service time today at Ford and Sons Mount Auburn Funeral Home Friday.
The funeral will be at 2 p.m. today at the funeral home, with the Rev. Mike Shupert officiating. Burial will be in Fairmount Cemetery.