- Neelys Landing man shot, killed by highway patrol trooper after traffic stop (05/01/16)43
- Cape student sues, accuses school officials of slamming her to ground multiple times (04/28/16)49
- Missouri House votes to allow concealed weapons without permits (04/28/16)8
- River Ridge Winery changes hands (05/02/16)
- Police report filed, but no charges in incident at Cape Central (04/29/16)40
- 2016 All-Missourian Boys Basketball (04/29/16)
- Statement: Man says copsí good work drove him to grow his own marijuana (05/01/16)1
- Bob Evans restaurant in Cape Girardeau among chain's 21 closings (04/26/16)9
- Senator introduces bill for I-57 that would connect Sikeston with Little Rock (04/28/16)4
- Hopper Road to close for months during construction of Veterans Drive (04/27/16)9
Mo. mom accused of burning baby
IBERIA, Mo. (AP) -- A mother accused of setting her baby on fire is facing four felony charges in central Missouri.
Miller County prosecutors say 24-year-old Christina White tried to kill her six-month-old son when she set fire to his blanket as he lay in his crib on July 11.
Police responded to a house fire and saw White standing in the middle of the street holding the badly burned infant, wrapped in a blanket.
White is charged with first-degree arson and three counts of endangering the welfare of a child. She is held on $250,000 bond.
The child who suffered the burns is in critical condition at University Hospital in Columbia. Her other children are in protective custody.