- Neelys Landing man shot, killed by highway patrol trooper after traffic stop (05/01/16)43
- Cape student sues, accuses school officials of slamming her to ground multiple times (04/28/16)49
- Missouri House votes to allow concealed weapons without permits (04/28/16)8
- River Ridge Winery changes hands (05/02/16)
- Police report filed, but no charges in incident at Cape Central (04/29/16)40
- 2016 All-Missourian Boys Basketball (04/29/16)
- Statement: Man says cops’ good work drove him to grow his own marijuana (05/01/16)1
- Bob Evans restaurant in Cape Girardeau among chain's 21 closings (04/26/16)9
- Senator introduces bill for I-57 that would connect Sikeston with Little Rock (04/28/16)4
- Hopper Road to close for months during construction of Veterans Drive (04/27/16)9
Judge revokes bond for man charged with assault
A judge revoked the bond of a Cape Girardeau man charged with domestic assault and armed criminal action after he allegedly violated a protective order and made contact with a witness.
Bobby E. Reed, 39, was ordered back to the county jail Tuesday by Circuit Court Judge John Heisserer on a $5,000 cash-only bond.
Reed pleaded guilty in July to hitting his wife in the face with his fist on March 8 and cutting his brother's upper right arm with a pocketknife April 3 after arguing at a gas station parking lot. But he withdrew the plea in September and a jury trial was ordered for Feb. 3.
Reed was charged with a misdemeanor for allegedly violating the protective order and a bench trial date was set for Nov. 25 by Associate Circuit Judge Gary Kamp.