- Cape teacher accused of assaulting student at football game (10/23/16)41
- Pedestrian killed during traffic collision on I-55 (10/23/16)9
- Scott County Sheriff Rick Walter faces challenge from criminal investigator Wes Drury (10/21/16)9
- 18-year-old killed in one-car crash Thursday morning (10/21/16)1
- One issue reveals Clinton's character (10/25/16)18
- Man arrested after dispute at school spurs brief lockdown (10/21/16)6
- One victim IDs his attacker in shooting that killed woman (10/25/16)1
- 'I feel for them' (10/20/16)1
- Hundreds turn out for VintageNOW fundraiser (10/23/16)3
- R.P. Lumber chain buys Southeast Missouri Builders Supply in Cape (10/25/16)7
Kathy Sue McLendon, 45, of Shawneetown died Sunday, Oct. 26, 2003, at her residence.
She was born Nov. 15, 1957, at Shawneetown, daughter of Raymond "Lefty" and Helen Pfeiffer Hecht.
McLendon worked in the packaging department at Gilster-Mary Lee in Perryville, Mo. She was a graduate of Jackson High School and a member of Trinity Lutheran Church in Shawneetown.
Survivors include her parents; two sons, Shawn and Andy McLendon of Shawneetown; a daughter, Kelly McLendon of Shaw-neetown; and two brothers, Dennis Hecht of Frohna, Mo., and Tom Hecht of Jackson.
She was preceded in death by a sister.
Friends may call today from 4 to 8 p.m. at Cracraft-Miller Funeral Home in Jackson and from 9 to 10 a.m. Tuesday at Trinity Lutheran Church in Shawneetown.
Funeral will be 10 a.m. Tuesday at the church. The Rev. Robert Mann will officiate, with burial in Trinity Lutheran Cemetery.