- Neelys Landing man shot, killed by highway patrol trooper after traffic stop (05/01/16)43
- Cape student sues, accuses school officials of slamming her to ground multiple times (04/28/16)49
- Missouri House votes to allow concealed weapons without permits (04/28/16)8
- River Ridge Winery changes hands (05/02/16)
- Police report filed, but no charges in incident at Cape Central (04/29/16)40
- 2016 All-Missourian Boys Basketball (04/29/16)
- Statement: Man says cops’ good work drove him to grow his own marijuana (05/01/16)1
- Bob Evans restaurant in Cape Girardeau among chain's 21 closings (04/26/16)9
- Senator introduces bill for I-57 that would connect Sikeston with Little Rock (04/28/16)4
- Hopper Road to close for months during construction of Veterans Drive (04/27/16)9
Cape Bible Chapel was the setting July 5, 2003, for the wedding of Jennifer Nicole Washburn and Peter Nathaniel Olesen. Dale Dolence performed the ceremony. Music was by Sean and Rechelle Boulter of Minnetonka, Minn., Larry and Debbie Young of Jackson, and Wendy Petzoldt of Altenburg.
The bride is the daughter of Newell and Hilda Washburn of Lewes, Del. The groom is the son of Bjorn and Sue Olesen of Cape Girardeau.
Maid of honor was Scarlett Cook of Jackson, and matron of honor was Christy Anderson of North Richland Hills, Texas. Bridesmaids were Julie Probst of Cape Girardeau; Sonya Chisenhall, Elizabeth Washburn, sister of the bride, both of Greenwood, Del.; and Kym Jefferson of Milton, Del., sister of the bride.
The groom chose his father as best man. Groomsmen were Adam Bryant of Mountain View, Calif., Mark Scarborough of Hanover, Pa., Tim Meehan of Eden Prairie, Minn., Jonathan VanMaanen of Ames, Iowa, and Jeremy VanMaanen of Madison, Wis. Ushers were Justin Osborne of Cape Girardeau, Ben Amey of Allen, Texas, Aaron Roth of Stephens City, Va., and Eric Hoelmer of Ames.
Flower girls were Mikala Jefferson and Anna Anderson. Mikala is the daughter of Donny and Kym Jefferson and niece of the bride. Anna is the daughter of Jonathan and Christy Anderson. Ringbearers were Skyler and Tristin Butler and Luke Jefferson, sons of Donny and Kym Jefferson and nephews of the bride.
Stina Larson of Phoenix, Ariz., attended the guest book.
Following the ceremony, the reception was held at the church. Servers were Suzanne Fredenburg, Jessica Gardner, Sarah Coleman, Hannah Cordes, Sheryl, Mallory, Shannon and Melanie Cobb.
The groom's parents hosted the rehearsal dinner July 4 at the church.
Mrs. Olesen received a bachelor of science degree in education in May 2003.
The groom received a bachelor of science degree in chemical engineering in December 2001. He is employed at Tate and Lyle in Decatur, Ill.
The couple is residing in Decatur.