- Prioritizing Jackson's needs (02/12/16)
- East Cape mayor sends thanks (02/12/16)
- Band proud part of Cape history (02/09/16)
- Thanks for help during flood (02/08/16)
- Church helps stem tides of grief (02/05/16)
- Two sides to Affordable Care Act (01/26/16)
- Bill restores consumer freedom (01/22/16)
- Stop the squeezing (01/17/16)
Returning troops not getting good medical treatment
To the editor:
Veterans returning from Iraq to Fort Stewart/Hunter Army Air Field in Georgia find only one medical doctor to treat 450 soldiers. Some of them are ill. Others have been wounded. This is outrageous. We send our troops into war, and this is how they are treated on their return.
President Bush said the war in Iraq was over, but there are still U.S. soldiers being killed almost every day in Iraq and Afghanistan. The president should go over and visit our troops.
SHERMAN E. HILL