- Cape teacher accused of assaulting student at football game (10/23/16)41
- Pedestrian killed during traffic collision on I-55 (10/23/16)9
- Scott County Sheriff Rick Walter faces challenge from criminal investigator Wes Drury (10/21/16)8
- Shooting injures two people in Cape early Tuesday (10/19/16)34
- 18-year-old killed in one-car crash Thursday morning (10/21/16)1
- Man arrested after dispute at school spurs brief lockdown (10/21/16)6
- 'I feel for them' (10/20/16)1
- Hundreds turn out for VintageNOW fundraiser (10/23/16)3
- Crews are working on the new Drury Hotel (10/21/16)4
- Benton man accused of statutory rape, selling pot (10/20/16)1
Two injured in Perry Co. accidents
PERRYVILLE, Mo. -- Two accidents this weekend injured two Perryville residents, the Missouri State Highway Patrol said.
Jonathan Rodewald, 15, was seriously injured in a one-vehicle accident Saturday and was taken by helicopter to St. Francis Medical Center in Cape Girardeau, the patrol said. The accident occurred at 1:35 p.m. on U.S. 61, just south of County Road 832, when the car driven by Rodewald spun around and overturned. The driver was ejected, the patrol said.
Duane Tarrillon, 36, suffered moderate injuries and was taken to Perry County Memorial Hospital after he lost control of the motorcycle he was driving Friday morning. The motorcycle ran off the road and overturned, the patrol said. The accident occurred on Route B, south of Rolling Hills Lane.