- Bob Evans restaurant in Cape Girardeau among chain's 21 closings (04/26/16)9
- Cape student sues, accuses school officials of slamming her to ground multiple times (04/28/16)40
- Two hurt in motorcycle wreck on Interstate 55 (04/25/16)1
- Ray's of Kelso, Plaza by Ray's to change ownership; Fonn to buy enterprise (04/20/16)3
- Missouri House votes to allow concealed weapons without permits (04/28/16)6
- Cape council approves nearly $1M in park, sculpture projects with little public discussion (04/22/16)37
- Law firm requests information about Cape's traffic cameras (04/25/16)2
- Tanker truck catches fire near Oak Ridge (04/24/16)7
- Local lawmakers split over failed medical marijuana bill; voters may have a say (04/26/16)19
- Local company makes eco-friendly kitty litter that cuts cat-box smell (04/25/16)
Jackson to playin Pan Am Games
Simone Jackson will join Tatiana Conceicao in the Pan American Games, giving the Southeast Missouri State women's basketball program two former players in that competition.
Conceicao, who averaged a team-leading 19.4 points per game on the 2005-06 Southeast squad that made the program's first NCAA Division I tournament appearance, is playing for her native Brazil, which is ranked fourth in the world.
Jackson, who averaged 11 points on that 2005-06 team, is playing for her native Jamaica, which is not ranked among the world's top 20 squads.
The Pan Am Games are under way in Rio de Janeiro, Brazil. Women's basketball begins Friday and ends Tuesday. Brazil and Jamaica are placed in Group A and will meet Friday in the second game of competition.
-- From staff report