- Cape student sues, accuses school officials of slamming her to ground multiple times (04/28/16)42
- Bob Evans restaurant in Cape Girardeau among chain's 21 closings (04/26/16)9
- Missouri House votes to allow concealed weapons without permits (04/28/16)6
- Two hurt in motorcycle wreck on Interstate 55 (04/25/16)1
- Law firm requests information about Cape's traffic cameras (04/25/16)2
- Local lawmakers split over failed medical marijuana bill; voters may have a say (04/26/16)19
- Police report filed, but no charges in incident at Cape Central (04/29/16)26
- Tanker truck catches fire near Oak Ridge (04/24/16)7
- Local company makes eco-friendly kitty litter that cuts cat-box smell (04/25/16)
- Senator introduces bill for I-57 that would connect Sikeston with Little Rock (04/28/16)4
MARBLE HILL, Mo. -- Shelley Ann Sparks, 35, of Marble Hill passed away Sunday, July 15, 2007, at Saint Francis Medical Center in Cape Girar-deau.
She was born June 22, 1972, in Cape Girardeau, daughter of Dean E. and Sandra K. Thiele Crites. She and Kevin Franklin Sparks were married March 20, 1999.
Shelley attended Woodland Schools in Marble Hill, and graduated from New Bethel Christian School in 1990. She was employed at Diana's Boarding Home from 1990-1996, and at Saint Francis Medical Center from 1996 until she became disabled in 2005.
She was a member of Liberty Congregational Methodist Church, and attended Christian Faith Fellowship in Cape Girar-deau.
Loving survivors include her husband; three children, Breeanna, Bryce and Braydon Sparks, all of the home; her parents; a brother, Eric (Amanda) Crites; a sister, Brandi (Chris) Jordan; and paternal grandmother, Verla Crites, all of Marble Hill.
She was preceded in death by an infant daughter, Gabrielle Crites; maternal grandparents, Louis and Janice Thiele; and paternal grandfather, Howard Crites.
Friends may call from 4 to 8 p.m. today at McCombs Funeral Home in Jackson.
The funeral will be at 10 a.m. Thursday at the funeral home, with the Rev. Chris Douglas officiating, assisted by the Revs. Ray Greenley and David Kempfer. Interment will follow in Hobbs Chapel Cemetery in Cape Girar-deau.
Expressions of sympathy may take the form of contributions to the family.
Sympathy messages may be sent to the family on-line at www.mccombsfuneralhome.com.