- Cape student sues, accuses school officials of slamming her to ground multiple times (04/28/16)47
- Neelys Landing man shot, killed by highway patrol trooper after traffic stop (05/01/16)43
- Bob Evans restaurant in Cape Girardeau among chain's 21 closings (04/26/16)9
- Missouri House votes to allow concealed weapons without permits (04/28/16)8
- Police report filed, but no charges in incident at Cape Central (04/29/16)40
- 2016 All-Missourian Boys Basketball (04/29/16)
- Statement: Man says cops’ good work drove him to grow his own marijuana (05/01/16)1
- Two hurt in motorcycle wreck on Interstate 55 (04/25/16)1
- Senator introduces bill for I-57 that would connect Sikeston with Little Rock (04/28/16)4
- River Ridge Winery changes hands (05/02/16)
MOUNDS, Ill. -- Jim D. Russell, 74, of Mounds died Tuesday, July 17, 2007, at Missouri Delta Medical Center in Sikeston, Mo.
He was born March 27, 1933, in Cairo, Ill., son of Harry and Era Hodges Russell.
Russell retired as accountant/comptroller with Cairo Public Utility Commission. He was a former treasurer for city of Cairo. He was a member of First Southern Baptist Church in Cairo, and was a deacon and choir member.
Survivors include his wife, Ann; a daughter, Melinda Warren of Mounds; and a grandson.
He was preceded in death by his parents and a sister.
Visitation will be from 5 to 8 p.m. today at Barkett Funeral Home in Cairo, and from 9 a.m. to service time Thursday at First Southern Baptist Church.
The funeral will be at 10:30 a.m. Thursday at the church, with the Rev. Thomas Hoskins officiating. Burial will be in Spencer Heights Cemetery at Mounds.