- Cape student sues, accuses school officials of slamming her to ground multiple times (04/28/16)46
- Neelys Landing man shot, killed by highway patrol trooper after traffic stop (05/01/16)32
- Bob Evans restaurant in Cape Girardeau among chain's 21 closings (04/26/16)9
- Missouri House votes to allow concealed weapons without permits (04/28/16)8
- Police report filed, but no charges in incident at Cape Central (04/29/16)40
- Two hurt in motorcycle wreck on Interstate 55 (04/25/16)1
- 2016 All-Missourian Boys Basketball (04/29/16)
- Senator introduces bill for I-57 that would connect Sikeston with Little Rock (04/28/16)4
- Law firm requests information about Cape's traffic cameras (04/25/16)3
- Local lawmakers split over failed medical marijuana bill; voters may have a say (04/26/16)19
Cape/Jackson police report 7/18/07
The Cape Girardeau Police department reported the following items. Arrests do not imply guilt.
* Shaleia K. Payne, 22, of 1400 S. West End Blvd., lot 31, was arrested on a Cape Girardeau warrant for contempt of court for failure to pay fine.
* Ricky L. Werner, 50, of 1722 Crestwood Ave., received a summons for an illegal sign.
* Shanta K. Bell, 24, of 1115 S. Ellis St., and Wilma J. Vaughn, 21, of Mounds, Ill., received summons for disturbing the peace.
* A theft of medication was reported.
* A theft of a Missouri license plate was reported.
* A door was reported damaged at 1522 Independence St.
* A 30-year-old man was taken into protective custody.
The Jackson Police Department reported the following items. Arrests do not imply guilt.
* Bryan Reid, 25, of Cape Girardeau, was arrested on a Cape Girardeau County warrant for rape, a Cape Girardeau warrant for probation violations, parole violations, parole absconder, and on a Town and Country warrant for traffic offenses.
* Cheryl Jones, 38, of 957 W. Independence St., Lot No. 44, was arrested for hindering prosecution.
* Derrick A. Gardner, 45, of 304 Florence St., was arrested for disturbing the peace.
* Justin M. Locke, 22, of 119 Union Ave., Apt. 5, was arrested for possession for sale of cocaine, heroin, possession of 35 grams or less of marijuana and possession of controlled substance.
* Andrew R. McLendon, 23, of 502 N. Hope St., was arrested for possession of 35 grams or less of marijuana.
* Willian H. Otto, 29, of 1909 N. Kingshighway, Cape Girardeau, was arrested for forced entry and second-degree property damage.
* Robin M. Turner, 26, of 203 S. Farmington Road, was issued a summons for failure to register.
* Shannon L. Goldsmith, 24, of 1589 Bel-Air Drive, No. 13, was issued a summons for failure to stop at a stop sign.
* Steve E. Nation, 19, of 1326 Clover St., was issued a summons for failure to stop at a stop sign.
* A theft was reported in the area of North High Street.
* A theft was reported in the 600 block of Broadridge Road.
* A fireworks violation was reported in the area of Cascade Drive.