- Cape student sues, accuses school officials of slamming her to ground multiple times (04/28/16)43
- Bob Evans restaurant in Cape Girardeau among chain's 21 closings (04/26/16)9
- Missouri House votes to allow concealed weapons without permits (04/28/16)6
- Two hurt in motorcycle wreck on Interstate 55 (04/25/16)1
- Law firm requests information about Cape's traffic cameras (04/25/16)2
- Local lawmakers split over failed medical marijuana bill; voters may have a say (04/26/16)19
- Police report filed, but no charges in incident at Cape Central (04/29/16)31
- Tanker truck catches fire near Oak Ridge (04/24/16)7
- Local company makes eco-friendly kitty litter that cuts cat-box smell (04/25/16)
- Senator introduces bill for I-57 that would connect Sikeston with Little Rock (04/28/16)4
Cape defeats Sikeston 8-4 in district play
Brooks Osburn belted a grand slam to power the Ford & Sons Cape Girardeau American Legion baseball team to an 8-4 road victory Tuesday against Sikeston.
Cape improved to 28-13 overall and 6-1 in the district. The scheduled second game was not played.
Osburn homered with one out in the fourth inning to break a 2-2 tie. Cody Tellor singled, Zach Plott reached on an error and Garrett Stevens walked, before Osburn jumped on the first pitch.
Ford & Sons added single runs in the fifth and sixth innings.
Mark Himmelberg pitched all seven innings to record the win. He allowed 10 hits, struck out two and walked three. He allowed four runs, two of which were earned.
Tellor went 3-for-4 for Cape while Himmelberg and Osburn finished with two hits apiece.
-- Southeast Missourian