- Neelys Landing man shot, killed by highway patrol trooper after traffic stop (05/01/16)43
- Cape student sues, accuses school officials of slamming her to ground multiple times (04/28/16)49
- Missouri House votes to allow concealed weapons without permits (04/28/16)8
- River Ridge Winery changes hands (05/02/16)
- Police report filed, but no charges in incident at Cape Central (04/29/16)40
- 2016 All-Missourian Boys Basketball (04/29/16)
- Statement: Man says cops’ good work drove him to grow his own marijuana (05/01/16)1
- Bob Evans restaurant in Cape Girardeau among chain's 21 closings (04/26/16)9
- Senator introduces bill for I-57 that would connect Sikeston with Little Rock (04/28/16)4
- Hopper Road to close for months during construction of Veterans Drive (04/27/16)9
Gertrude O'Hara, 97, of Cape Girardeau died peacefully Thursday, Oct. 23, 2003, at Chateau Girardeau Health Center.
She was born Feb. 12, 1906, in Wickliffe, Ky., daughter of Marshall Henry and Lillie Virginia Riley Rollins. She and Michael Leo O'Hara were married Feb. 25, 1936, in St. Charles, Mo. He died April 1, 1954.
Gertrude had resided at Chateau Girardeau 15 years.
Survivors include three daughters and sons-in-law, Patricia and Mario Palma of Fairfax, Va., Margaret and Robert Bannister and Michaeleen and Robert Cradock, all of St. Louis; a sister, Mary Ellen Sullenger of Charleston, Mo.; 14 grandchildren; and 13 great-grandchildren.
She was preceded in death by a daughter, Jacqueline Higgins.
Friends may call at Ford and Sons Mount Auburn Funeral Home from 4 to 8 p.m. today.
The funeral will be at 10:30 a.m. Sunday at the funeral home. Burial will be in Wickliffe Cemetery in Wickliffe, Ky.
In lieu of flowers, the family requests memorial contributions to O'Hara Memorial Fund c/o Nerinx Hall High School, 430 E. Lockwood Ave., Webster Groves, Mo. 63119, or Chateau Girardeau Foundation, 3120 Independence, Cape Girardeau, Mo. 63703.