- Cape student sues, accuses school officials of slamming her to ground multiple times (04/28/16)46
- Neelys Landing man shot, killed by highway patrol trooper after traffic stop (05/01/16)42
- Bob Evans restaurant in Cape Girardeau among chain's 21 closings (04/26/16)9
- Missouri House votes to allow concealed weapons without permits (04/28/16)8
- Police report filed, but no charges in incident at Cape Central (04/29/16)40
- Two hurt in motorcycle wreck on Interstate 55 (04/25/16)1
- 2016 All-Missourian Boys Basketball (04/29/16)
- Senator introduces bill for I-57 that would connect Sikeston with Little Rock (04/28/16)4
- Law firm requests information about Cape's traffic cameras (04/25/16)3
- Local lawmakers split over failed medical marijuana bill; voters may have a say (04/26/16)19
JONESBORO, Ill. -- Martha A. Farmer, 65, of Jonesboro died Wednesday, Oct. 22, 2003, at Union County Hospital in Anna, Ill.
She was born Sept. 2, 1938, in Olive Branch, Ill., daughter of Francis Marion and Susie Jane Markle Jackson. She married Billy J. Farmer.
Farmer was a home health aide 10 years with Tip Services. She was a member of VFW Post 2649 Ladies Auxiliary in Cairo, Ill. She was formerly of Villa Ridge, Ill.
Survivors include her husband; a daughter, Pandora Taylor of Makanda, Ill.; three brothers, Floyd Jackson of Scott City, Dearl Jackson of Springfield, Ill., Terry Jackson of Olive Branch; four sisters, Shelby Spencer of Mounds, Ill., Caroline McIntyre of Mound City, Ill., Linda Lee of Villa Ridge, Janet Huerdine of Ellis Grove, Ill.; and three grandchildren.
She was preceded in death by her parents.
Friends may call at Jones Funeral Home in Villa Ridge from 4 to 8 p.m. today.
The funeral will be at 2 p.m. Saturday at the funeral home, with the Rev. Ralph Kaufman officiating. Burial will be in Rose Hill Cemetery at Thebes, Ill.