- Golden Corral coming to Cape; may hire 100 workers (7/21/16)10
- Woman sleeping in car accused of attacking Cape officer (7/26/16)13
- Area groups working together to reintroduce elk in Missouri (7/18/16)1
- Prosecutor says shooting by state trooper was justified (7/24/16)15
- Former Scott City mayor refutes claims made about loss of curbside recycling pickup (7/26/16)
- Burglary of trailer leaves its residents homeless (7/27/16)4
- Cape resident gets seven years in prison for shooting at man (7/26/16)1
- Hastings in Cape closing (7/22/16)5
- Foot plots provide habitats and nutrition to attract wildlife, grow populations (7/18/16)
- City may spend extra park tax money on Cape Splash, skate park, other projects (7/25/16)10
Scott W. Jerls, 27, of Eureka, Mont., died Sunday, Oct. 19, 2003, in Eureka from injuries sustained in a motor vehicle accident.
He was born Sept. 30, 1976, in Woodstock, Ill., son of Jerry and Mary Allen Jerls.
Jerls was a graduate of Bloomfield High School at Bloomfield, Mo. He was employed by Chupp Concrete and Construction in Eureka.
Survivors include his father of Puxico, Mo.; mother and stepfather, Mary and Kenneth Kinder of Eureka; two brothers, John Jerls of Scott City, Jim Jerls of Springfield, Mo.; a half brother, Rocky Jerls of Puxico; a half sister, Jennifer Jerls of Puxico; two stepbrothers, Michael Reinbott of Rolla, Mo., and Caleb Kinder of Salem, Mo.
Friends may call at Amick-Burnett Funeral Chapel in Scott City from noon to 2 p.m. Sunday.
The funeral will be at 2 p.m. Sunday at the chapel, with the Rev. Joe Hudson officiating. Burial will be in Lightner Cemetery at Scott City.