- Cape student sues, accuses school officials of slamming her to ground multiple times (04/28/16)45
- Bob Evans restaurant in Cape Girardeau among chain's 21 closings (04/26/16)9
- Missouri House votes to allow concealed weapons without permits (04/28/16)6
- Two hurt in motorcycle wreck on Interstate 55 (04/25/16)1
- Law firm requests information about Cape's traffic cameras (04/25/16)2
- Local lawmakers split over failed medical marijuana bill; voters may have a say (04/26/16)19
- Police report filed, but no charges in incident at Cape Central (04/29/16)36
- Tanker truck catches fire near Oak Ridge (04/24/16)7
- Local company makes eco-friendly kitty litter that cuts cat-box smell (04/25/16)
- Senator introduces bill for I-57 that would connect Sikeston with Little Rock (04/28/16)4
Scott W. Jerls, 27, of Eureka, Mont., died Sunday, Oct. 19, 2003, in Eureka from injuries sustained in a motor vehicle accident.
He was born Sept. 30, 1976, in Woodstock, Ill., son of Jerry and Mary Allen Jerls.
Jerls was a graduate of Bloomfield High School at Bloomfield, Mo. He was employed by Chupp Concrete and Construction in Eureka.
Survivors include his father of Puxico, Mo.; mother and stepfather, Mary and Kenneth Kinder of Eureka; two brothers, John Jerls of Scott City, Jim Jerls of Springfield, Mo.; a half brother, Rocky Jerls of Puxico; a half sister, Jennifer Jerls of Puxico; two stepbrothers, Michael Reinbott of Rolla, Mo., and Caleb Kinder of Salem, Mo.
Friends may call at Amick-Burnett Funeral Chapel in Scott City from noon to 2 p.m. Sunday.
The funeral will be at 2 p.m. Sunday at the chapel, with the Rev. Joe Hudson officiating. Burial will be in Lightner Cemetery at Scott City.