- Woman sleeping in car accused of attacking Cape officer (7/26/16)13
- Seeking new history: Centurion Development buys former Woolworth building at 1 N. Main St. (7/28/16)5
- Prosecutor says shooting by state trooper was justified (7/24/16)15
- Cape resident gets seven years in prison for shooting at man (7/26/16)1
- Former Scott City mayor refutes claims made about loss of curbside recycling pickup (7/26/16)
- Burglary of trailer leaves its residents homeless (7/27/16)4
- Golden Corral coming to Cape; may hire 100 workers (7/21/16)11
- Police: Child's video revealed stepfather's abuse of sibling (7/28/16)3
- Foot plots provide habitats and nutrition to attract wildlife, grow populations (7/18/16)
- City may spend extra park tax money on Cape Splash, skate park, other projects (7/25/16)10
THEBES, Ill. -- Maye Bradshaw, 93, of Thebes died Wednesday, Oct. 22, 2003, at Memorial Hospital of Carbondale in Carbondale, Ill.
She was born June 15, 1910, in Alexander County, Ill., daughter of William Willie and Josephine Henderson Sams. She married Johnnie E. Bradshaw, who died March 3, 1987.
Bradshaw was a member of Trinity Assembly of God Church in Olive Branch, Ill.
Survivors include two sisters, Ethel Miller of Carbondale, Gladys Johnson of Fredericksburg, Va.; and a grandson.
She was preceded in death by a son, six brothers, and a sister.
Friends may call at Jones Funeral Home in Tamms, Ill., from 5 to 8 p.m. today, and after 10 a.m. Saturday at Trinity Assembly Church.
The funeral will be at 11 a.m. Saturday at the church, with the Rev. Carl Hester officiating. Burial will be in Mount Zion Cemetery near Thebes.