- Cape student sues, accuses school officials of slamming her to ground multiple times (04/28/16)48
- Neelys Landing man shot, killed by highway patrol trooper after traffic stop (05/01/16)43
- Bob Evans restaurant in Cape Girardeau among chain's 21 closings (04/26/16)9
- Missouri House votes to allow concealed weapons without permits (04/28/16)8
- Police report filed, but no charges in incident at Cape Central (04/29/16)40
- 2016 All-Missourian Boys Basketball (04/29/16)
- Statement: Man says copsí good work drove him to grow his own marijuana (05/01/16)1
- Two hurt in motorcycle wreck on Interstate 55 (04/25/16)1
- Senator introduces bill for I-57 that would connect Sikeston with Little Rock (04/28/16)4
- River Ridge Winery changes hands (05/02/16)
PERRYVILLE, Mo. -- Helen A. Chappius, 64, of Perryville died Thursday, Oct. 23, 2003, in Perryville.
She was born July 15, 1939, in Perryville, daughter of George and Lenora Meyer Bergman. She and John J. Chappius were married Oct. 25, 1958.
Chappius was a bookkeeper at Liberty Glass Co. She was a member of Immanuel Lutheran Church, VFW Auxiliary, American Legion Auxiliary, and AmVets Auxiliary.
Survivors include her husband, and a son, Derek Chappius of Perryville.
She was preceded in death by her parents.
Friends may call at Young and Sons Funeral Home from 3 to 9 p.m. Saturday, and Sunday from 8 a.m. until noon.
The funeral will be at 1:30 p.m. Sunday at Immanuel Lutheran Church, with the Rev. Craig Otto officiating. Burial will be in the church cemetery.