- Neelys Landing man shot, killed by highway patrol trooper after traffic stop (05/01/16)43
- Cape student sues, accuses school officials of slamming her to ground multiple times (04/28/16)49
- Missouri House votes to allow concealed weapons without permits (04/28/16)8
- River Ridge Winery changes hands (05/02/16)
- Police report filed, but no charges in incident at Cape Central (04/29/16)40
- 2016 All-Missourian Boys Basketball (04/29/16)
- Statement: Man says copsí good work drove him to grow his own marijuana (05/01/16)1
- Bob Evans restaurant in Cape Girardeau among chain's 21 closings (04/26/16)9
- Senator introduces bill for I-57 that would connect Sikeston with Little Rock (04/28/16)4
- Hopper Road to close for months during construction of Veterans Drive (04/27/16)9
PERRYVILLE, Mo. -- Robert E. Hudson, 82, of Perryville died Wednesday, Oct. 22, 2003, at Perry County Nursing Home.
He was born March 4, 1921, in Perry County, son of Clarence Robert and Flora J. Rimboch Hudson. He and Bertha E. Murray were married Nov. 30, 1940.
Hudson was a farmer. He was a member of First Baptist Church and American Legion Post 133. He was a board member of Perry County Nursing Home, Perry County Memorial Hospital, Citizens Electric, MFA Oil, and Farm Bureau.
He served in the U.S. Navy during World War II.
Survivors include his wife; a son, Robert Hudson of Perryville; two daughters, Carole Geile and Jerry Hudson of Perryville; a sister, Naomi Lee of Cape Girardeau; six grandchildren; and eight great-grandchildren.
He was preceded in death by three brothers.
Friends may call at Young and Sons Funeral Home from 4 to 9 p.m. today, and Saturday after 6:30 a.m. The American Legion wake will be at 7 tonight.
The funeral will be at 10 a.m. Saturday at the funeral home, with the Rev. Steve Berry officiating. Burial will be in Cedar Fork Cemetery.