- Cape student sues, accuses school officials of slamming her to ground multiple times (04/28/16)46
- Neelys Landing man shot, killed by highway patrol trooper after traffic stop (05/01/16)32
- Bob Evans restaurant in Cape Girardeau among chain's 21 closings (04/26/16)9
- Missouri House votes to allow concealed weapons without permits (04/28/16)8
- Police report filed, but no charges in incident at Cape Central (04/29/16)40
- Two hurt in motorcycle wreck on Interstate 55 (04/25/16)1
- 2016 All-Missourian Boys Basketball (04/29/16)
- Senator introduces bill for I-57 that would connect Sikeston with Little Rock (04/28/16)4
- Law firm requests information about Cape's traffic cameras (04/25/16)3
- Local lawmakers split over failed medical marijuana bill; voters may have a say (04/26/16)19
Gertrude O'Hara, 97, of Cape Girardeau died peacefully Thursday, Oct. 23, 2003, at Chateau Girardeau Health Center.
She was born Feb. 12, 1906, in Wickliffe, Ky., daughter of Marshall Henry and Lillie Virginia Riley Rollins. She and Michael Leo O'Hara were married Feb. 25, 1936, in St. Charles, Mo. He died April 1, 1954.
Gertrude had resided at Chateau Girardeau 15 years.
Survivors include three daughters and sons-in-law, Patricia and Mario Palma of Fairfax, Va., Margaret and Robert Bannister and Michaeleen and Robert Craddock, all of St. Louis; a sister, Mary Ellen Sullenger of Charleston, Mo.; 14 grandchildren; and 13 great-grandchildren.
She was preceded in death by a daughter, Jacqueline Higgins.
Friends may call at Ford and Sons Mount Auburn Funeral Home from 4 to 8 p.m. Saturday.
The funeral will be at 10:30 a.m. Sunday at the funeral home. Burial will be in Wickliffe Cemetery in Wickliffe, Ky.
In lieu of flowers, the family requests memorial contributions to O'Hara Memorial Fund c/o Nerinx Hall High School, 430 E. Lockwood Avenue, Webster Groves, Mo. 63119, or Chateau Girardeau Foundation, 3120 Independence, Cape Girardeau, Mo. 63703.