- Two men seriously hurt in crash near Fruitland (9/21/16)3
- Community helps Jackson family with two cases of muscular dystrophy (9/19/16)
- Concealed-carry restrictions remain in Missouri despite new state law (9/18/16)22
- Perryville man arrested for alleged patronizing prostitution, harassment (9/23/16)6
- Children's exposure to meth via parents is growing; Mo. Children's Division seeing effects (9/18/16)8
- Eldorado Resorts to buy Isle of Capri Casinos (9/20/16)7
- Poplar Bluff man accused of beating a grandmother to death with baseball bat (9/18/16)
- Funeral procession of former Cape Girardeau police chief Henry H. Gerecke (9/22/16)17
- Cape man accused of attacking pregnant girlfriend (9/22/16)
- Show Me Center upgrades may allow facility to draw more elaborate shows (9/21/16)17
Gertrude O'Hara, 97, of Cape Girardeau died peacefully Thursday, Oct. 23, 2003, at Chateau Girardeau Health Center.
She was born Feb. 12, 1906, in Wickliffe, Ky., daughter of Marshall Henry and Lillie Virginia Riley Rollins. She and Michael Leo O'Hara were married Feb. 25, 1936, in St. Charles, Mo. He died April 1, 1954.
Gertrude had resided at Chateau Girardeau 15 years.
Survivors include three daughters and sons-in-law, Patricia and Mario Palma of Fairfax, Va., Margaret and Robert Bannister and Michaeleen and Robert Craddock, all of St. Louis; a sister, Mary Ellen Sullenger of Charleston, Mo.; 14 grandchildren; and 13 great-grandchildren.
She was preceded in death by a daughter, Jacqueline Higgins.
Friends may call at Ford and Sons Mount Auburn Funeral Home from 4 to 8 p.m. Saturday.
The funeral will be at 10:30 a.m. Sunday at the funeral home. Burial will be in Wickliffe Cemetery in Wickliffe, Ky.
In lieu of flowers, the family requests memorial contributions to O'Hara Memorial Fund c/o Nerinx Hall High School, 430 E. Lockwood Avenue, Webster Groves, Mo. 63119, or Chateau Girardeau Foundation, 3120 Independence, Cape Girardeau, Mo. 63703.