- Cape student sues, accuses school officials of slamming her to ground multiple times (04/28/16)46
- Neelys Landing man shot, killed by highway patrol trooper after traffic stop (05/01/16)36
- Bob Evans restaurant in Cape Girardeau among chain's 21 closings (04/26/16)9
- Missouri House votes to allow concealed weapons without permits (04/28/16)8
- Police report filed, but no charges in incident at Cape Central (04/29/16)40
- Two hurt in motorcycle wreck on Interstate 55 (04/25/16)1
- 2016 All-Missourian Boys Basketball (04/29/16)
- Senator introduces bill for I-57 that would connect Sikeston with Little Rock (04/28/16)4
- Law firm requests information about Cape's traffic cameras (04/25/16)3
- Local lawmakers split over failed medical marijuana bill; voters may have a say (04/26/16)19
Grace Meehan, 100, of Jackson died Tuesday, Oct. 21, 2003, at Jackson Residential Care.
She was born Jan. 13, 1903, at Fredericktown, Mo., daughter of Napoleon and Carolyn Barber Whitner. She and Howard Meehan were married Nov. 5, 1921. He died May 31, 1957.
Meehan was an assembly line worker at International Shoe Co. from 1935 to 1969. She was a member of First Presbyterian Church in Jackson.
Survivors include four grandchildren, Stephen Whaley, Richard and Dan Meehan, and Peg Wolf, all of Jackson; seven great-grandchildren; and five great-great-grandchildren.
She was preceded in death by a son, a daughter, two brothers, a sister, and a grandson.
Friends may call at Cracraft-Miller Funeral Home from 4 to 8 p.m. today.
The funeral will be at 10 a.m. Friday at the funeral home, with Dr. Grant F.C. Gillard officiating. Burial will be in Russell Heights Cemetery.