- Neelys Landing man shot, killed by highway patrol trooper after traffic stop (05/01/16)43
- Cape student sues, accuses school officials of slamming her to ground multiple times (04/28/16)49
- Missouri House votes to allow concealed weapons without permits (04/28/16)8
- River Ridge Winery changes hands (05/02/16)
- Police report filed, but no charges in incident at Cape Central (04/29/16)40
- 2016 All-Missourian Boys Basketball (04/29/16)
- Statement: Man says cops’ good work drove him to grow his own marijuana (05/01/16)1
- Bob Evans restaurant in Cape Girardeau among chain's 21 closings (04/26/16)9
- Senator introduces bill for I-57 that would connect Sikeston with Little Rock (04/28/16)4
- Hopper Road to close for months during construction of Veterans Drive (04/27/16)9
Meadow Heights wins in three games at St. Vincent
Meadow Heights' volleyball team edged St. Vincent 25-23, 19-25, 25-23 on the road Wednesday.
Allison Prost led St. Vincent (5-19-5) with 12 service points, seven kills and five blocks. Whitney Guth added 11 service points for St. Vincent. Kelsey Kutz had eight service points, Meghan Comte added 13 assists and Miranda Weinkein had 12 assists.
St. Vincent's JV won 18-25, 25-23, 25-12.
Notre Dame 25-25, NMCC 15-21
Notre Dame used an all-senior lineup in the first game and an all-junior lineup in the second and swept New Madrid County Central.
The Bulldogs (26-3-1) got five kills from Emily Buehrle and four from Sommer McCauley. Alison Essner had seven assists and McCauley had six.
Notre Dame's JV won 25-15, 25-12.
Delta's eighth grade team won 39-15 over Scott City to reach the Scott-Mississippi Tournament finals. Ashley Deprow scored 19 points for Delta. Delta will face Kelly on Friday. Delta's seventh-grade team won 28-15 over East Prairie. Jodi Menz led Delta with 14 points. Delta will play Chaffee on Friday.
-- From staff reports