- Cape student sues, accuses school officials of slamming her to ground multiple times (04/28/16)42
- Bob Evans restaurant in Cape Girardeau among chain's 21 closings (04/26/16)9
- Missouri House votes to allow concealed weapons without permits (04/28/16)6
- Two hurt in motorcycle wreck on Interstate 55 (04/25/16)1
- Law firm requests information about Cape's traffic cameras (04/25/16)2
- Local lawmakers split over failed medical marijuana bill; voters may have a say (04/26/16)19
- Police report filed, but no charges in incident at Cape Central (04/29/16)30
- Tanker truck catches fire near Oak Ridge (04/24/16)7
- Local company makes eco-friendly kitty litter that cuts cat-box smell (04/25/16)
- Senator introduces bill for I-57 that would connect Sikeston with Little Rock (04/28/16)4
Community Insights session set for Friday
A Community Insights session, sponsored by the Cape Girardeau Chamber of Commerce, is scheduled for Friday morning at the Career and Technology Center from 7:15 to 9 a.m.
Featured speakers include Steve Bjelich, St. Francis Medical Center's president and CEO; Mark Bowles, superintendent of Cape Girardeau public schools; Ken Dobbins, Southeast Missouri State University president; and Mayor Jay Knudtson.
Each speaker will update key issues within the community and KFVS' Mike Smythe will moderate the session.
There is a cost of $5 and it is payable at the door. The Chamber would like those who plan to attend to RSVP by calling 335-3312. The program is an alumni event of the Leadership Cape program, but guests are encouraged. Being an alumni of Leadership Cape is not a requirement.