- Neelys Landing man shot, killed by highway patrol trooper after traffic stop (05/01/16)43
- Cape student sues, accuses school officials of slamming her to ground multiple times (04/28/16)49
- Missouri House votes to allow concealed weapons without permits (04/28/16)8
- River Ridge Winery changes hands (05/02/16)
- Police report filed, but no charges in incident at Cape Central (04/29/16)40
- 2016 All-Missourian Boys Basketball (04/29/16)
- Statement: Man says copsí good work drove him to grow his own marijuana (05/01/16)1
- Bob Evans restaurant in Cape Girardeau among chain's 21 closings (04/26/16)9
- Senator introduces bill for I-57 that would connect Sikeston with Little Rock (04/28/16)4
- Hopper Road to close for months during construction of Veterans Drive (04/27/16)9
Hanover Lutheran Church was the setting June 21, 2003, for the wedding of Sara Elizabeth Ochs and Patrick Lee Powers. The Rev. Barry L. Pfanstiel performed the ceremony. Organist was Carolyn Fiedler.
The bride is the daughter of Herb and Wilma Ochs of Uniontown, Mo. The groom is the son of Chet Powers of Cape Girardeau, and the late Imogene Powers.
Maid of honor was Heather King of Perryville, Mo. Bridesmaids were Melanie Evans of Columbia, Mo.; Angela Conder of Perryville and Lisa Loucks of Chester, Ill., both sisters of the bride. Junior bridesmaid was Liana Loucks of Chester, niece of the bride.
Josh Boyd of Cape Girardeau was best man. Groomsmen were Doug Powers of Northumberland, Pa., and Scott Powers of Memphis, Tenn., brothers of the groom; and Chris McCarthy of Perryville, brother of the bride. Junior groomsman was Aaron McCarthy of Perryville, nephew of the bride. Ushers were Josh Phillips of Perryville, Joe McCarthy of Chester, Andy and Tommy Powers of Memphis.
Candlelighters were Dana Reinwald and Emily Schindler of Perryville.
Flower girl was Kaylee Conder, daughter of Scott and Angela Conder and niece of the bride. Ringbearer was Andrew Powers, son of Scott and Victoria Powers and nephew of the groom.
Following the ceremony, the reception was held at the VFW Hall in Cape Girardeau.
The groom's father hosted the rehearsal dinner June 20 at Imperial Restaurant in Cape Girardeau.
Mrs. Powers is a 2001 graduate of Perryville High School. She received a degree in graphic arts from Mineral area College in 2003. She is employed at Kelly Services.
The groom is a 1998 graduate of Central High School. He is employed at BioKyowa Inc.
The couple resides in Cape Girardeau.