- Cape student sues, accuses school officials of slamming her to ground multiple times (04/28/16)47
- Neelys Landing man shot, killed by highway patrol trooper after traffic stop (05/01/16)43
- Bob Evans restaurant in Cape Girardeau among chain's 21 closings (04/26/16)9
- Missouri House votes to allow concealed weapons without permits (04/28/16)8
- Police report filed, but no charges in incident at Cape Central (04/29/16)40
- 2016 All-Missourian Boys Basketball (04/29/16)
- Statement: Man says cops’ good work drove him to grow his own marijuana (05/01/16)1
- Two hurt in motorcycle wreck on Interstate 55 (04/25/16)1
- Senator introduces bill for I-57 that would connect Sikeston with Little Rock (04/28/16)4
- River Ridge Winery changes hands (05/02/16)
MARBLE HILL, Mo. -- Virginia Mae Harmon, 84, of Marble Hill died Thursday, Oct. 16, 2003, at Southeast Missouri Hospital in Cape Girardeau.
She was born Oct. 23, 1918, at Fredericktown, Mo., daughter of Pearl and Ida Mae Henson Marshall. She and Edgar Harmon were married Dec. 22, 1934. He died Oct. 19, 1972.
Harmon retired from Brown Shoe Co. in Fredericktown. She was formerly of Perryville and Patton, Mo.
Survivors include a daughter, Shirley Newell of Marble Hill; five grandchildren; 11 great-grandchildren; and four great-great-grandchildren.
She was preceded in death by a great-great-grandson.
Friends may call today at Liley Funeral Home in Marble Hill from 8 a.m. until time of service.
The funeral will be at 11 a.m. today at the funeral home, with the Rev. Loyd Green officiating. Burial will be in Union Light Church Cemetery near Marquand, Mo.