- Cape student sues, accuses school officials of slamming her to ground multiple times (04/28/16)46
- Bob Evans restaurant in Cape Girardeau among chain's 21 closings (04/26/16)9
- Missouri House votes to allow concealed weapons without permits (04/28/16)7
- Police report filed, but no charges in incident at Cape Central (04/29/16)38
- Two hurt in motorcycle wreck on Interstate 55 (04/25/16)1
- Senator introduces bill for I-57 that would connect Sikeston with Little Rock (04/28/16)4
- Law firm requests information about Cape's traffic cameras (04/25/16)2
- Local lawmakers split over failed medical marijuana bill; voters may have a say (04/26/16)19
- Local company makes eco-friendly kitty litter that cuts cat-box smell (04/25/16)
- Man accused of pointing BB gun at Chaffee resident (04/26/16)2
Chester "Marty" Ivester, 56, of Riverdale, Utah, died Sunday, Oct. 12, 2003, at Dolly Varden Mine in Nevada.
He was born Sept. 25, 1947, at Poplar Bluff, Mo., son of Jewell and Connie Ivester. He and Cheryl Mae Graham were married May 11, 1967, in Poplar Bluff.
Ivester was a mechanical engineer with ATK Thiokol Propulsion.
He served in Vietnam with the U.S. Army.
Survivors include his wife; a son, Chris Ivester of Riverdale; a daughter, Charite Warren of Riverdale; his mother of Jackson; three brothers, Ronald Ivester of St. Louis, Joel Ivester of Tucson, Ariz., Guy Ivester of Scottsdale, Ariz.; two sisters, Annette Neyer of Lenexa, Kan., Mary Ivester of Wichita, Kan.; and four grandchildren.
He was preceded in death by his father.
The funeral will be at 11 a.m. today at Rainey-Mathis Funeral Home in Dexter, Mo. Burial will be in Armstead Dowdy Cemetery near Dexter.