- Cape teacher accused of assaulting student at football game (10/23/16)41
- Pedestrian killed during traffic collision on I-55 (10/23/16)9
- Scott County Sheriff Rick Walter faces challenge from criminal investigator Wes Drury (10/21/16)9
- 18-year-old killed in one-car crash Thursday morning (10/21/16)1
- One issue reveals Clinton's character (10/25/16)18
- Man arrested after dispute at school spurs brief lockdown (10/21/16)6
- One victim IDs his attacker in shooting that killed woman (10/25/16)1
- 'I feel for them' (10/20/16)1
- Hundreds turn out for VintageNOW fundraiser (10/23/16)3
- R.P. Lumber chain buys Southeast Missouri Builders Supply in Cape (10/25/16)7
Southeast Missourian Career Fair to be held Tuesday
Looking for a job? We know where some are.
The Southeast Missourian and sejobsonline.com will be hosting their second annual Career Fair, an event that matches job-seekers with employers looking for people willing to work.
The event will be from 9 a.m. to 3 p.m. Tuesday at the Show Me Center on the Southeast Missouri State University campus. Parking and admission are free.
In addition to meeting representatives from private companies, not-for-profit groups and the military, those who attend can practice their interviewing and networking skills.
A Career Fair tab will be included in the newspaper Sunday and will be available at the fair as well. Articles in the tab are include tips for writing great cover letters, how to research prospective employers, how to interview well and factors to consider in evaluating a job offer.
Last year more than 375 job seekers from throughout the area met with business representatives, filled out job applications and gathered employment information.
More than that are expected this year.
For more information, call Southeast Missourian recruitment specialist Nancy Grand at 335-6611, extension 113.