- Cape student sues, accuses school officials of slamming her to ground multiple times (04/28/16)47
- Neelys Landing man shot, killed by highway patrol trooper after traffic stop (05/01/16)43
- Bob Evans restaurant in Cape Girardeau among chain's 21 closings (04/26/16)9
- Missouri House votes to allow concealed weapons without permits (04/28/16)8
- Police report filed, but no charges in incident at Cape Central (04/29/16)40
- 2016 All-Missourian Boys Basketball (04/29/16)
- Statement: Man says cops’ good work drove him to grow his own marijuana (05/01/16)1
- Two hurt in motorcycle wreck on Interstate 55 (04/25/16)1
- Senator introduces bill for I-57 that would connect Sikeston with Little Rock (04/28/16)4
- River Ridge Winery changes hands (05/02/16)
Southeast soccer team slips past UTM 2-1
MARTIN, Tenn. -- Southeast Missouri State University's soccer team gave up the first goal of the game, then added two of its own for a 2-1 Ohio Valley Conference win at Tennessee-Martin.
UTM (6-6-2, 1-2-1 league) scored late in the first half, but Southeast (8-3-4, 3-1-1)answered after halftime when Marla Gianino assisted Heather Reding's goal 35 seconds into the half.
Reding also scored off a corner kick with 11 minutes to play.
Southeast volleyball drops road match to JSU
JACKSONVILLE, Ala. --Southeast's volleyball team fell to .500 in the Ohio Valley Conference with a four-game loss at Jacksonville State.
The Otahkians won the first game 30-24, but Jacksonville State won the next three 30-25, 30-20, 30-25. Southeast dropped to 5-16 overall and 4-4 in the OVC.
Southeast's Sarah Frost 15 kills. Jessica Pegram had 12.
-- From staff reports