- Neelys Landing man shot, killed by highway patrol trooper after traffic stop (05/01/16)43
- Cape student sues, accuses school officials of slamming her to ground multiple times (04/28/16)49
- Missouri House votes to allow concealed weapons without permits (04/28/16)8
- River Ridge Winery changes hands (05/02/16)
- Police report filed, but no charges in incident at Cape Central (04/29/16)40
- 2016 All-Missourian Boys Basketball (04/29/16)
- Statement: Man says copsí good work drove him to grow his own marijuana (05/01/16)1
- Bob Evans restaurant in Cape Girardeau among chain's 21 closings (04/26/16)9
- Senator introduces bill for I-57 that would connect Sikeston with Little Rock (04/28/16)4
- Hopper Road to close for months during construction of Veterans Drive (04/27/16)9
Christine "Tena" Lape, 93, of New Hamburg, Mo., died Saturday, July 14, 2007, at Fountainbleau Lodge in Cape Girardeau.
She was born Jan. 15, 1914, in Charleston, Mo., daughter of Henry and Rosella Layton Scheffer. She and Ode David Lape Sr. were married Sept. 10, 1935. He died March 25, 1967.
Lape was a member of the St. Lawrence Catholic Church in New Hamburg and the Saint Ann Sodality. Lape was a retired presser. She had worked at Thorngate Ltd. in Chaffee, Mo.
She is survived by four sons, Dennis Lape of Littleton, Colo., Ode "David" Lape Jr. of Chaffee, Muriel Lape of Sikeston, Mo., and Michael "Mickey" Lape of St. Louis; two daughters, Joy Chapman of Cape Girardeau and Betty Tucker of Festus, Mo.; two sisters, Alline Scherer of Cape Girardeau and Midred Abernathy of Benton, Mo.; 16 grandchildren; and 22 great-grandchildren.
She was preceded in death by her parents, seven brothers, four sisters and a grandchild.
Friends may all at 4 p.m. today at the St. Lawrence Catholic Church in New Hamburg. Parish prayers will be at 6:30 p.m. Funeral will be at 10 a.m. Tuesday at the church, with the Rev. Normand Varone officiating. Burial will be in the St. Lawrence Catholic Cemetery in New Hamburg.
Amick-Burnett Funeral Chapel in Chaffee is in charge of arrangements.