- Neelys Landing man shot, killed by highway patrol trooper after traffic stop (05/01/16)43
- Cape student sues, accuses school officials of slamming her to ground multiple times (04/28/16)49
- Missouri House votes to allow concealed weapons without permits (04/28/16)8
- River Ridge Winery changes hands (05/02/16)
- Police report filed, but no charges in incident at Cape Central (04/29/16)40
- 2016 All-Missourian Boys Basketball (04/29/16)
- Statement: Man says cops’ good work drove him to grow his own marijuana (05/01/16)1
- Bob Evans restaurant in Cape Girardeau among chain's 21 closings (04/26/16)9
- Senator introduces bill for I-57 that would connect Sikeston with Little Rock (04/28/16)4
- Hopper Road to close for months during construction of Veterans Drive (04/27/16)9
Ivanka Trump to join resort board
ATLANTIC CITY, N.J. -- Heiress and former runway model Ivanka Trump is joining the board of the gaming company Trump Entertainment Resorts Inc.
"She's been outstanding in everything she has done, and she will be an outstanding board member," her father, Donald Trump, said.
The 25-year-old is currently a vice president with the Trump Organization, which controls Trump hotels, real estate holdings and golf courses. She graduated from the University of Pennsylvania's Wharton School.
, one of the nation's top business schools.
Before joining the board, Ivanka Trump must get a license from the state Casino Control Commission. The agency is expected to grant her preliminary approval as soon as Wednesday.
Casino regulators will conduct a background check to make sure she has done nothing that would disqualify her from holding a gambling license.