The Wonderworkers FCE Extension Club met June 14 with Margie E. Reisenbichler as hostess.
The club voted to give a donation to the Green Bears, an organization to help children with sexual abuse and violence.
Plans were discussed for the booth at the SEMO District Fair in September.
Joy Engelhart gave the program called "Aging Successfully."
The next meeting will be at 1:30 p.m. Aug. 9 at the home of June Landgraf with the program to be on grandparenting.
Arnsberg 4-H Club
The Arnsberg 4-H Club met June 25 at Trinity Lutheran Church in Freidheim.
The following demonstrations were given:
* How to make a well-balanced breakfast by Tyler Lappe
* How to show a dog by Kyle Rohde
* How to make healthy horse treats by Chelsea Seyer
* How to mount a photo by Ryan Below
* How to put an ear tag into a cow's ear by Cody Hahs
* The carrot treat by Katie Oehl
* How to wind a bobbin and thread a sewing machine by Madison LeGrand
* How to make a root beer float by Kelly Hahs
* How to make Kool-Aid popsicles by Jessica Hahs
* Parts of a push mower by Hunter Seyer
* Horse grooming tools by Michaela Oehl
* How to make a decorated tie shirt by Amanda Lappe
* Where's the beef? by Ethan Seyer
* How to build a blue bird house by Jessica Seyer
* The difference between an insect and a spider by Rachel Seyer
* How to make a scrapbook on your computer by Dustin Oehl
* Crochet beaded bracelets by Kaycie Seyer
* How to make a walking cane by Dakota Oehl
Kelly Hahs, Dustin Oehl and Tyler Lappe were chosen for grooming at county achievement.
County achievement and summer activity were discussed.
The Zonta Club of Cape Girardeau held its monthly membership meeting July 3 at Bella Italia restaurant.
Polly Holten, president, conducted the business meeting, which included plans for various upcoming service projects.
Preliminary plans were discussed for the 2007 Women of Achievement luncheon to be held Oct. 28.
The Cape Girardeau County Chapter of AARP 4041 met July 2 with 30 members and a visitor present.
Laverne Nothdurft presented information about AARP's new program, "Divided We Fail." AARP will be educating voters about candidates' positions on health care and lifetime financial security.
An upcoming even will be senior celebrations to be held from 9 a.m. to 1 p.m. July 19 at St. Mary Cathedral School gym.
-- From staff reports