- Cape student sues, accuses school officials of slamming her to ground multiple times (04/28/16)42
- Bob Evans restaurant in Cape Girardeau among chain's 21 closings (04/26/16)9
- Missouri House votes to allow concealed weapons without permits (04/28/16)6
- Two hurt in motorcycle wreck on Interstate 55 (04/25/16)1
- Law firm requests information about Cape's traffic cameras (04/25/16)2
- Local lawmakers split over failed medical marijuana bill; voters may have a say (04/26/16)19
- Police report filed, but no charges in incident at Cape Central (04/29/16)26
- Tanker truck catches fire near Oak Ridge (04/24/16)7
- Local company makes eco-friendly kitty litter that cuts cat-box smell (04/25/16)
- Senator introduces bill for I-57 that would connect Sikeston with Little Rock (04/28/16)4
Dorothy A. Gross, 81, of Cape Girardeau died Wednesday, Oct. 15, 2003, at the Lutheran Home.
She was born Sept. 3, 1922, in Cape Girardeau, daughter of Godfried Herman and Bertha R. Schlegel Gross.
Gross was a graduate of Central High School and attended Steimle Business College. She worked several years at Meyer Alberts Wholesale Grocery Warehouse and at Farmers and Merchants Bank and then Boatmen's Bank as a bookkeeper more than 25 years. She was a lifelong member of Trinity Lutheran Church.
Surviving are several cousins, including Marian Lunsford of Sturdivant, Mo.
Friends may call Friday at Trinity Lutheran Church from 9:30 a.m. until time of service.
The funeral will be at 10:30 a.m. Friday at the church, with the Rev. Douglas C. Breite officiating. Burial will be in Lorimier Cemetery.
Ford and Sons Funeral Home is in charge of arrangements.