- Neelys Landing man shot, killed by highway patrol trooper after traffic stop (05/01/16)43
- Cape student sues, accuses school officials of slamming her to ground multiple times (04/28/16)49
- Missouri House votes to allow concealed weapons without permits (04/28/16)8
- River Ridge Winery changes hands (05/02/16)
- Police report filed, but no charges in incident at Cape Central (04/29/16)40
- 2016 All-Missourian Boys Basketball (04/29/16)
- Statement: Man says copsí good work drove him to grow his own marijuana (05/01/16)1
- Bob Evans restaurant in Cape Girardeau among chain's 21 closings (04/26/16)9
- Senator introduces bill for I-57 that would connect Sikeston with Little Rock (04/28/16)4
- Hopper Road to close for months during construction of Veterans Drive (04/27/16)9
Body of Missouri man found at Bull Shoals Lake
MOUNTAIN HOME, Ark. (AP) -- Searchers have found the body of a Missouri man who was missing since a Saturday night boat crash on Bull Shoals Lake.
The body of Keith Akridge, 43, of Arnold, Mo., was recovered Thursday night, authorities said. The body was in 142 feet of water and divers were aided by sonar, cadaver dogs and underwater cameras to make the recovery.
Authorities say Akridge was on vacation with his family when a ski boat he was driving was involved in a collision with another boat Saturday night.
A passenger in the other boat, Douglas Rogers, 63, of Mammoth Spring, died Wednesday. Six other people were injured but all have been released from hospital treatment.
The Arkansas Game and Fish Commission is investigating the crash. Running lights from the boats were sent to the state Crime Laboratory to determine whether they were in use at the time of the accident.
Information from: The Baxter Bulletin, http://www.baxterbulletin.com