- Cape student sues, accuses school officials of slamming her to ground multiple times (04/28/16)47
- Neelys Landing man shot, killed by highway patrol trooper after traffic stop (05/01/16)42
- Bob Evans restaurant in Cape Girardeau among chain's 21 closings (04/26/16)9
- Missouri House votes to allow concealed weapons without permits (04/28/16)8
- Police report filed, but no charges in incident at Cape Central (04/29/16)40
- Two hurt in motorcycle wreck on Interstate 55 (04/25/16)1
- 2016 All-Missourian Boys Basketball (04/29/16)
- Senator introduces bill for I-57 that would connect Sikeston with Little Rock (04/28/16)4
- Law firm requests information about Cape's traffic cameras (04/25/16)3
- Local lawmakers split over failed medical marijuana bill; voters may have a say (04/26/16)19
CHAFFEE, Mo. -- Maxine Marie Stacy, 72, of Chaffee died Thursday, July 12, 2007, at Saint Francis Medical Center in Cape Girardeau.
She was born Feb. 5, 1935, in Folsonville, Ind., daughter of Carl and Geneva Brooks Evans. She and Emory Charles Stacy were married Feb. 13, 1953. He died Jan. 26, 1992.
Survivors include five daughters, Linda Owen of Delta, Opal Overbey of Leopold, Mo., Martha Little, Debbie Stephens and Vivian Bradley, all of Chaffee; four sisters, Ruth Hill of Boonville, Ind., Jeanette Houchin of Paradise, Ind., Marjorie Kelley of Avinger, Texas, Phyllis Kelley of Hanford, Calif.; a companion, Kenny Hefner of Chaffee; 17 grandchildren; and 15 great-grandchildren.
She was preceded in death by two sons, a daughter and a sister.
Visitation will be from noon to service time Sunday at Amick-Burnett Funeral Chapel in Chaffee.
The funeral will be at 3 p.m. Sunday at the chapel, with the Rev. Sonny Keesee officiating. Burial will be in Union Park Cemetery.