- Cape student sues, accuses school officials of slamming her to ground multiple times (04/28/16)48
- Neelys Landing man shot, killed by highway patrol trooper after traffic stop (05/01/16)43
- Bob Evans restaurant in Cape Girardeau among chain's 21 closings (04/26/16)9
- Missouri House votes to allow concealed weapons without permits (04/28/16)8
- Police report filed, but no charges in incident at Cape Central (04/29/16)40
- 2016 All-Missourian Boys Basketball (04/29/16)
- Statement: Man says cops’ good work drove him to grow his own marijuana (05/01/16)1
- Two hurt in motorcycle wreck on Interstate 55 (04/25/16)1
- Senator introduces bill for I-57 that would connect Sikeston with Little Rock (04/28/16)4
- River Ridge Winery changes hands (05/02/16)
Area sports digest 7/13/07
Cape Legion junior team falls in tournament
The Cape Girardeau Plaza Tire American Legion junior baseball team suffered a 13-9 loss to Dunklin County in the winners bracket final of the District 14 tournament Thursday night in Jackson.
Losing pitcher Zach Wilson allowed 11 hits in five innings. Only four of the 13 runs allowed by Wilson were earned.
Mark Hagedorn had a double and a home run to lead Cape's nine-hit attack.
Plaza Tire will play the winner of Thursday's late game between Jackson and Scott County in an elimination game tonight.
Cape Senior Babe Ruth splits doubleheader
The Cape Girardeau Senior Babe Ruth baseball team concluded its regular season Thursday night with a split of a doubleheader with Charleston at Capaha Field.
Cape (14-8) won the first game 16-2 in five innings, then dropped the nightcap 7-5.
Justin Myers allowed two hits in four innings to gain the win in the opener. He struck out four and walked six.
Cape banged out 12 hits. Tyler Propst had three hits while Abe Dirnberger, Dustin LeGrand and Myers had two hits apiece.
Dirnberger took the loss in the second game, yielding three walks in one inning of relief. He did not allow a hit and struck out one batter.
Jacob Valleroy accounted for two of Cape's six hits.
Cape returns to action Thursday night in the state tournament in Charleston, Mo.
-- From staff reports