- Cape student sues, accuses school officials of slamming her to ground multiple times (04/28/16)46
- Neelys Landing man shot, killed by highway patrol trooper after traffic stop (05/01/16)42
- Bob Evans restaurant in Cape Girardeau among chain's 21 closings (04/26/16)9
- Missouri House votes to allow concealed weapons without permits (04/28/16)8
- Police report filed, but no charges in incident at Cape Central (04/29/16)40
- Two hurt in motorcycle wreck on Interstate 55 (04/25/16)1
- 2016 All-Missourian Boys Basketball (04/29/16)
- Senator introduces bill for I-57 that would connect Sikeston with Little Rock (04/28/16)4
- Law firm requests information about Cape's traffic cameras (04/25/16)3
- Local lawmakers split over failed medical marijuana bill; voters may have a say (04/26/16)19
CAIRO, Ill. -- Margaret Berbling Bagby, 75, of Cairo died Tuesday, Oct. 14, 2003, at Southeast Missouri Hospital in Cape Girardeau.
She was born April 28, 1928, in Cairo, the daughter of Carl Wolffe and Mary Magdeline Cordova Berbling. She married A. Dean Bagby on Dec. 27, 1950. He preceded her in death on May 5, 1997.
She danced as a Rockette at Radio City Music Hall. She was the owner of the Margaret Berbling Bagby School of Dance for 35 years and the owner of Berbling Tire Co. for 18 years until retiring in 1994. She was a member of St. Patrick Catholic Church in Cairo, serving as regent of the Daughters of Isabella -- St. Theresa Circle 331. She was a former trustee of the Ladies Auxiliary of VFW Post 2649, a member of the Ladies Auxiliary Elks BPOE 651 and worked on Cairo's Magnolia Ball, later serving as chairwoman of the Riverboat Ball and Queen Coronation.
She is survived by a son, Wolffe Bagby of East Prairie, Mo.; a daughter, Deana Pecord of Cairo; and four grandchildren.
Visitation will be from 5 to 8 p.m. Thursday at St. Patrick Catholic Church in Cairo. The rosary will be recited at 7:30 p.m. Thursday.
A funeral Mass will be celebrated at 11 a.m. Friday at the church with the Rev. Jerome Fortenberry officiating.
Burial will be at Greenlawn Memorial Garden Cemetery in Villa Ridge, Ill.
McMikle Funeral Home in Charleston, Mo., is in charge of arrangements.