- Pedestrian killed during traffic collision on I-55 (10/23/16)5
- Scott County Sheriff Rick Walter faces challenge from criminal investigator Wes Drury (10/21/16)8
- Shooting injures two people in Cape early Tuesday (10/19/16)34
- 18-year-old killed in one-car crash Thursday morning (10/21/16)1
- Man arrested after dispute at school spurs brief lockdown (10/21/16)6
- 'I feel for them' (10/20/16)1
- Perry County: A great place to find home away from home (10/14/16)
- Tours provide a glimpse of Cape Girardeau's supposedly haunted past (10/17/16)1
- Crews are working on the new Drury Hotel (10/21/16)3
- Benton man accused of statutory rape, selling pot (10/20/16)1
Terrorists have had a bad run recently. Writing in The Wall Street Journal, Daniel Henninger enumerates their failures, or rather the successes of those in the business of thwarting terrorists:Terrorism attempts failed in London and Glasgow, Scotland, a weekend ago. A jihadist plan to attack Fort Dix, N.J., was derailed a couple of months ago, followed a month later by the unearthing of a plot to blow up a gasoline pipeline at JFK.
Finding out about these plans has a double-edged effect. We are relieved that our security services seem to be working overtime. We also know the terrorist threat is real.