- Jackson man to cast electoral vote for Trump; others trying to dissuade him (11/29/16)51
- Man killed by vehicle had been charged with domestic assault (11/30/16)
- Hotel chain president: City should regulate short-term lodging (11/27/16)16
- Former Cape council member dies, remembered as 'wonderful public servant' (11/29/16)1
- Woman accused in three robberies disguised herself as man (11/29/16)5
- Thankful people: Marble Hill woman been through much and remains thankful (11/24/16)
- Officers: Delta man dies during domestic dispute (11/28/16)1
- Business notebook: New store shows faith in Scott City district (11/28/16)
- Missouri chamber to honor Cape's John Mehner (11/30/16)4
- Light Christmas: Thousands gather to view Parade of Lights (11/28/16)5
Terrorists have had a bad run recently. Writing in The Wall Street Journal, Daniel Henninger enumerates their failures, or rather the successes of those in the business of thwarting terrorists:Terrorism attempts failed in London and Glasgow, Scotland, a weekend ago. A jihadist plan to attack Fort Dix, N.J., was derailed a couple of months ago, followed a month later by the unearthing of a plot to blow up a gasoline pipeline at JFK.
Finding out about these plans has a double-edged effect. We are relieved that our security services seem to be working overtime. We also know the terrorist threat is real.