- Man shot by police ID'd; witness shares his side of story (2/17/17)31
- MSHP: McLendon shot in side; autopsy refutes witness account (2/19/17)23
- Apparent punch at girls basketball game propels lawmaker into action (2/21/17)4
- Cape officer shoots man inside a home (2/16/17)7
- Business notebook: Owners ready to roll out the Barrel 131 (2/20/17)6
- Former Cape cop indicted on possessing child porn (2/17/17)2
- Man dies after being shot by officer; said to have come at cop with knife (2/16/17)29
- Missouri bill would limit transgender school bathroom access (2/22/17)47
- Annual father-daughter dance provides some fun bonding time (2/19/17)1
- Cape businessman known for starting NARS dies at 49 (2/23/17)9
Terrorists have had a bad run recently. Writing in The Wall Street Journal, Daniel Henninger enumerates their failures, or rather the successes of those in the business of thwarting terrorists:Terrorism attempts failed in London and Glasgow, Scotland, a weekend ago. A jihadist plan to attack Fort Dix, N.J., was derailed a couple of months ago, followed a month later by the unearthing of a plot to blow up a gasoline pipeline at JFK.
Finding out about these plans has a double-edged effect. We are relieved that our security services seem to be working overtime. We also know the terrorist threat is real.