- Man transitioning to woman killed herself in Cape City Jail in June; news comes from architect's pitch in Kansas (2/15/18)2
- Cape Girardeau businessman proposes redevelopment project; seeks taxing district to fund improvements (2/17/18)16
- Bell City arrest, Scott City incident highlight high-alert status following Fla. school shooting (2/20/18)4
- Plans in the works to save Esquire Theater on Broadway in Cape (2/21/18)1
- TJ's Burgers, Wings & Pizza expands with dining area in Fruitland (2/16/18)
- Pence gets it right in response to attack on Christian faith (2/17/18)6
- Charges filed in Sunday murder; suspects in custody (2/14/18)2
- Lovebirds for 80 years give advice: Trust, patience and 'Tell 'em you love 'em' (2/14/18)2
- Jackson schools purchased former orchard land, will lease for farming for now (2/15/18)
- The heart of the matter: Clinic helps patients rise above congestive heart failure (2/17/18)
Thanks for downtown golf success
On behalf of Charlie Herbst, Sam Blackwell, Joe Sullivan and the Red House Interpretive Center, I would like to thank all those avid downtown golfers who participated in the First-Ever Second Annual Louis J. Lorimier Memorial World Famous Downtown Golf Tournament and All-You-Can-Eat Catfish Buffet on June 24.
All your fun has contributed $1,500 to the Red House Foundation, bringing our total to $37,000. Our $100,000 goal started in 2004 with the interest to be used for repairs and programming of the Red House in the future.
Thanks to the Red House volunteers who did a great job keeping all the players in line on the old and new courses.
The food from Port Cape was delicious, and Cozmo's donated gelato (Italian ice cream) dessert cooled us from the heat.
Thanks to John Breaker of BirdieBall.com of Golden, Colo., who donated the BirdieBalls and the BirdieBall Air Target game.
We would also like to recognize the Bank of Missouri, Horizon Screen Printing and Karpet Korner for their support. Thanks to Chuck Martin for driving the van furnished by the city of Cape Girardeau.
And thanks to Erin Herbst, Taylor Herbst, David Hutson, Don Greenwood, Brenda Schloss, Frank Nickell, Pat Nelson, Connie Hanner, Marla Mills, Ron Allen, Jerry Cummins, Jerry Witvoet, Bill Likens, Stan Downs, Patsy Johnson, Linda and Randy Royce, Holly Little, Steve Pledger, Ron Beasley, Renae Farris, Georgia Segraves and Letitia Blumenberg, who donated their Sunday afternoon.
And one more big thanks to the Southeast Missourian for all the help getting the word out about the tournament.
JANE RANDOL JACKSON, chairwoman, Red House Interpretive Center, Cape Girardeau