- Cape teacher accused of assaulting student at football game (10/23/16)41
- Pedestrian killed during traffic collision on I-55 (10/23/16)9
- Scott County Sheriff Rick Walter faces challenge from criminal investigator Wes Drury (10/21/16)9
- 18-year-old killed in one-car crash Thursday morning (10/21/16)1
- One issue reveals Clinton's character (10/25/16)18
- Man arrested after dispute at school spurs brief lockdown (10/21/16)6
- One victim IDs his attacker in shooting that killed woman (10/25/16)1
- 'I feel for them' (10/20/16)1
- Hundreds turn out for VintageNOW fundraiser (10/23/16)3
- R.P. Lumber chain buys Southeast Missouri Builders Supply in Cape (10/25/16)7
Thanks for downtown golf success
On behalf of Charlie Herbst, Sam Blackwell, Joe Sullivan and the Red House Interpretive Center, I would like to thank all those avid downtown golfers who participated in the First-Ever Second Annual Louis J. Lorimier Memorial World Famous Downtown Golf Tournament and All-You-Can-Eat Catfish Buffet on June 24.
All your fun has contributed $1,500 to the Red House Foundation, bringing our total to $37,000. Our $100,000 goal started in 2004 with the interest to be used for repairs and programming of the Red House in the future.
Thanks to the Red House volunteers who did a great job keeping all the players in line on the old and new courses.
The food from Port Cape was delicious, and Cozmo's donated gelato (Italian ice cream) dessert cooled us from the heat.
Thanks to John Breaker of BirdieBall.com of Golden, Colo., who donated the BirdieBalls and the BirdieBall Air Target game.
We would also like to recognize the Bank of Missouri, Horizon Screen Printing and Karpet Korner for their support. Thanks to Chuck Martin for driving the van furnished by the city of Cape Girardeau.
And thanks to Erin Herbst, Taylor Herbst, David Hutson, Don Greenwood, Brenda Schloss, Frank Nickell, Pat Nelson, Connie Hanner, Marla Mills, Ron Allen, Jerry Cummins, Jerry Witvoet, Bill Likens, Stan Downs, Patsy Johnson, Linda and Randy Royce, Holly Little, Steve Pledger, Ron Beasley, Renae Farris, Georgia Segraves and Letitia Blumenberg, who donated their Sunday afternoon.
And one more big thanks to the Southeast Missourian for all the help getting the word out about the tournament.
JANE RANDOL JACKSON, chairwoman, Red House Interpretive Center, Cape Girardeau