- Golden Corral coming to Cape; may hire 100 workers (7/21/16)8
- Arrest warrants filed for six drug suspects in Cape (7/19/16)6
- Area groups working together to reintroduce elk in Missouri (7/18/16)1
- Suspect in downtown Cape shooting ID'd in court (7/20/16)2
- Prosecutor says shooting by state trooper was justified (7/24/16)14
- Pincksten's newest renovation project: 328 S. Spanish St. (7/17/16)6
- Trooper-involved homicide case rests in prosecutor's hands (7/17/16)15
- Hastings in Cape closing (7/22/16)5
- Jackson's former police dog euthanized Monday (7/21/16)1
- 'I want to see how far I can go' (7/21/16)2
Boston police seek 'Bonbon Bandit'
BOSTON -- A serial thief with a penchant for knocking off gourmet chocolate shops and ice cream parlors is anything but sweet, police say.
The man police have dubbed the Bonbon Bandit is wanted in as many as 20 holdups in downtown Boston since April 17. He has brandished a knife, a handgun and even a sawed-off shotgun.
"I think he's extremely dangerous," Detective Sgt. Richard Ross said.
The robber tends to target businesses that are generally staffed by women and not monitored by security cameras, police said. Besides seven gourmet chocolate and ice cream shops, the Bonbon Bandit is suspected of robbing gift shops, stationery shops, a dry cleaner's and a candle store.
So far the bandit has only made off with cash -- no raspberry truffles or triple-scoop waffle cones.