- Waller deemed competent to stand trial (1/11/17)5
- Young Elvis impersonator from Bernie performs on 'Ellen DeGeneres Show' (1/12/17)
- Two subjects of interest in 1992 homicide to take polygraph tests (1/15/17)7
- 113 drug tests at Jackson High net one instance of illicit usage (1/11/17)15
- Two men shot after argument; houses also struck by bullets (1/12/17)21
- Business notebook: Jackson salon owner also opens a clothing store (1/16/17)
- Cape SportsPlex contractor offers a look at the project (1/15/17)14
- Two Cape men recovering after shooting (1/13/17)
- Imo's Pizza will be added to Rhodes 101 convenience store in Jackson (1/10/17)16
- Wallingford proposes bill to collect sales taxes on online purchases (1/11/17)30
Boston police seek 'Bonbon Bandit'
BOSTON -- A serial thief with a penchant for knocking off gourmet chocolate shops and ice cream parlors is anything but sweet, police say.
The man police have dubbed the Bonbon Bandit is wanted in as many as 20 holdups in downtown Boston since April 17. He has brandished a knife, a handgun and even a sawed-off shotgun.
"I think he's extremely dangerous," Detective Sgt. Richard Ross said.
The robber tends to target businesses that are generally staffed by women and not monitored by security cameras, police said. Besides seven gourmet chocolate and ice cream shops, the Bonbon Bandit is suspected of robbing gift shops, stationery shops, a dry cleaner's and a candle store.
So far the bandit has only made off with cash -- no raspberry truffles or triple-scoop waffle cones.