- Owner of Mary Jane Burgers & Brew in Perryville to open new culinary concept in Cape (9/15/17)3
- Man accused of setting fire to Delta bar; posted photos of it burning on Facebook (9/17/17)5
- McClure man accused of leaving children in hot truck while gambling in casino (9/19/17)1
- How the story of one dog is helping others (9/14/17)1
- Eyewitnesses testify about fatal shooting; men were using drugs, alcohol (9/14/17)
- Jury finds Harris guilty of murder, 3 other counts (9/15/17)4
- Retailer may come to Jackson; rezoning needed first (9/17/17)2
- New boutique store advocates for special-needs people (9/19/17)
- Planet Fitness to anchor Town Plaza shopping center (9/18/17)1
- Mo. conservation agents help fight fires in western U.S. (9/15/17)
Boston police seek 'Bonbon Bandit'
BOSTON -- A serial thief with a penchant for knocking off gourmet chocolate shops and ice cream parlors is anything but sweet, police say.
The man police have dubbed the Bonbon Bandit is wanted in as many as 20 holdups in downtown Boston since April 17. He has brandished a knife, a handgun and even a sawed-off shotgun.
"I think he's extremely dangerous," Detective Sgt. Richard Ross said.
The robber tends to target businesses that are generally staffed by women and not monitored by security cameras, police said. Besides seven gourmet chocolate and ice cream shops, the Bonbon Bandit is suspected of robbing gift shops, stationery shops, a dry cleaner's and a candle store.
So far the bandit has only made off with cash -- no raspberry truffles or triple-scoop waffle cones.