- Cape businessman known for starting NARS dies at 49 (2/23/17)9
- Man shot by police ID'd; witness shares his side of story (2/17/17)31
- MSHP: McLendon shot in side; autopsy refutes witness account (2/19/17)23
- Apparent punch at girls basketball game propels lawmaker into action (2/21/17)4
- Business notebook: Owners ready to roll out the Barrel 131 (2/20/17)6
- Missouri bill would limit transgender school bathroom access (2/22/17)48
- Annual father-daughter dance provides some fun bonding time (2/19/17)1
- SoutheastHEALTH, Washington University School of Medicine announce collaboration (2/24/17)18
- City issues precautionary boil order near Arena Park (2/23/17)
- $22M bond issue would alter Jackson schools (2/22/17)12
Boston police seek 'Bonbon Bandit'
BOSTON -- A serial thief with a penchant for knocking off gourmet chocolate shops and ice cream parlors is anything but sweet, police say.
The man police have dubbed the Bonbon Bandit is wanted in as many as 20 holdups in downtown Boston since April 17. He has brandished a knife, a handgun and even a sawed-off shotgun.
"I think he's extremely dangerous," Detective Sgt. Richard Ross said.
The robber tends to target businesses that are generally staffed by women and not monitored by security cameras, police said. Besides seven gourmet chocolate and ice cream shops, the Bonbon Bandit is suspected of robbing gift shops, stationery shops, a dry cleaner's and a candle store.
So far the bandit has only made off with cash -- no raspberry truffles or triple-scoop waffle cones.