- Plans in the works to save Esquire Theater on Broadway in Cape (2/21/18)2
- Man transitioning to woman killed herself in Cape City Jail in June; news comes from architect's pitch in Kansas (2/15/18)2
- Bell City arrest, Scott City incident highlight high-alert status following Fla. school shooting (2/20/18)4
- Cape Girardeau businessman proposes redevelopment project; seeks taxing district to fund improvements (2/17/18)16
- Pence gets it right in response to attack on Christian faith (2/17/18)12
- As February winds down, Chaffee looking forward to reopening of ice cream shop (2/21/18)1
- Scott City puts school on lockdown; officials say alleged threat 'not credible' (2/21/18)2
- The heart of the matter: Clinic helps patients rise above congestive heart failure (2/17/18)
- Local foodies share most romantic places (2/22/18)
- Missouri governor indicted on invasion of privacy charge (2/23/18)5
Boston police seek 'Bonbon Bandit'
BOSTON -- A serial thief with a penchant for knocking off gourmet chocolate shops and ice cream parlors is anything but sweet, police say.
The man police have dubbed the Bonbon Bandit is wanted in as many as 20 holdups in downtown Boston since April 17. He has brandished a knife, a handgun and even a sawed-off shotgun.
"I think he's extremely dangerous," Detective Sgt. Richard Ross said.
The robber tends to target businesses that are generally staffed by women and not monitored by security cameras, police said. Besides seven gourmet chocolate and ice cream shops, the Bonbon Bandit is suspected of robbing gift shops, stationery shops, a dry cleaner's and a candle store.
So far the bandit has only made off with cash -- no raspberry truffles or triple-scoop waffle cones.