- Cape student sues, accuses school officials of slamming her to ground multiple times (04/28/16)48
- Neelys Landing man shot, killed by highway patrol trooper after traffic stop (05/01/16)43
- Bob Evans restaurant in Cape Girardeau among chain's 21 closings (04/26/16)9
- Missouri House votes to allow concealed weapons without permits (04/28/16)8
- Police report filed, but no charges in incident at Cape Central (04/29/16)40
- 2016 All-Missourian Boys Basketball (04/29/16)
- Statement: Man says cops’ good work drove him to grow his own marijuana (05/01/16)1
- Two hurt in motorcycle wreck on Interstate 55 (04/25/16)1
- Senator introduces bill for I-57 that would connect Sikeston with Little Rock (04/28/16)4
- River Ridge Winery changes hands (05/02/16)
Cape Girardeau City Council agenda
6 p.m. Monday
401 Independence St.
Study session at 4 p.m.
(Second and third readings)
* An ordinance approving the record plat of Timon Way subdivision.
* An ordinance approving the record plat of GM Building subdivision.
* An ordinance amending the city code regarding membership on the Planning and Zoning Commission.
* An ordinance repealing stop signs at Peach Tree Street and Fairlane Drive and enacting a four-way stop at Peach Tree Street and Fairlane Drive.
* An ordinance approving the record plat of GM Building condominiums.
* An ordinance authorizing the issuance of special tax bills for the demolition of dangerous buildings.
* An ordinance appropriating funds for operating expenditures, debt service payments, capital expenditures and transfers for the fiscal year ending June 30.
* An ordinance authorizing the city manager to execute a development agreement with Greater Missouri Builders Inc. and Cape Girardeau County for the Town Plaza redevelopment project.
* An ordinance authorizing execution of an air traffic control tower operating assistance grant agreement between the Missouri Highways and Transportation Commission and the city for the Cape Girardeau Regional Airport.
* An ordinance amending the city code relating to parking violation penalties.
* A resolution authorizing the city manager to execute an agricultural real estate lease with Schlosser Brothers Farms at the Cape Girardeau Regional Airport.
* A resolution authorizing application to the U.S. Department of Justice for the Edward Byrne Memorial Justice Assistance Grant for purchase of radio equipment for the Cape Girardeau Police Department and authorizing the city manager to execute necessary grant documents.
* A resolution authorizing the city manager to execute an agreement with the Safe House for Women Inc. for Emergency Shelter Grant funds from the Missouri Department of Social Services, Division of Family Services.
* A resolution authorizing the city manager to execute an agreement with the Salvation Army of Cape Girardeau for Emergency Shelter Grant funds from the Missouri Department of Social Services, Division of Family Services.
* A resolution authorizing the city manager to execute a contract with Koehler Engineering and Land Surveying Inc. for professional services for the Lewis and Clark Parkway.
* Conditional approval of an original package liquor and Sunday sales license for Marishah, LLC, d/b/a Cape Mart, 102 Mason St., Shah Faisal, managing officer.
* Approval of a home-occupation business license/taxicab license for Brad Isaac, Superior Shuttle, 2300 Jane Drive.
* Consideration of an application for a special-use permit from Wayfield LLC, Stacy Mansfield, partner, for residential uses in a C-1 local commercial district and a community unit plan for more than one building on the lots.